What's new

Star Trek: Picard - Season One - CBS All Access - starring Patrick Stewart (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Of course, the Romulan supernovae. And agreed, JJ Abrams science where you can see the planet Vulcan collapse from the black hole that Nero creates while Spock observes it from Delta Vega.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
^ To be sure, the ''Delta Vega'' seen in the 2009 film is established as a nearby planet located within the same star-system as Vulcan itself (separate from the Delta Vega planet in the second TOS pilot-episode located near the galactic rim), so Spock Prime would have been observing an event that was only a few light-minutes away at the absolute most, which would've made for a near-realtime event from his perspective.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
36975452945461512787.jpg

I love dogs. Let me say that first.

But no. I'm not okay with the dog in that poster. Not in any way. It doesn't fit, for me, with Picard and Trek.

Love the colors though. Take the pooch out and it's a great poster.

It looks like a parody poster.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
par·o·dy
/ˈperədē/
noun
noun: parody; plural noun: parodies
  1. 1.
    an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.

Given that definition, I don't think I'd say this poster looks like a parody.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Josh, it’s been a while since I watched the 2009 film. I can suspend some belief because this is the alternate timeline, planets could have different names and be in different locations. My impression is that the Enterprise had been at warp for some time after escaping the Vulcan implosion, so they might have been outside the Vulcan star system by the time Spock gives Kirk the bums rush. So I just rewatched that sequence, I was wrong. The Enterprise appears to be hanging in space based on the stars not moving in the bridge view screen. They dump Kirk. Then head to the Laurentian system. You are right, they could still be in the Vulcan system but far enough away to not be pulled into the black hole.

At night, I can see Mars and Jupiter without a telescope so Spock could see Vulcan implode from Delta Vega. Jupiter is 4.2 astronomical units from Earth. But it’s a small bright star when observed from Earth. One Astronomical unit is 93 million miles, the distance from the Earth to the sun.

Pardon my little science exploration.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Everyone knows that dogs won’t exist in the future. Why would Picard, a man living on Earth, on a vineyard, have a dog? Shouldn’t he have a pet Gorn or something?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Ok, to get right to the point, any poster I have ever seen in my entire life with a dog sharing nearly half the poster with a person has been a dog centered movie, or series. So seeing the cinematic style poster with Picard and his dog sent my mind immediately into that territory which is why the poster struck me as odd. There is nothing strange about that.
Here are just a few examples:

IMG_1340.JPG
IMG_1341.JPG
IMG_1342.JPG
IMG_1343.JPG
IMG_1345.JPG
IMG_1344.JPG
IMG_1339.JPG

Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I have very low expectations for this series just because I want to be surprised. There were two unexpected surprises in that trailer. One I figured would not happen, the other, I didn’t expect.

The other stuff I didn’t have much to go on other then it is going somewhere I didn’t expect as well.

Thanks for posting that John.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Pushed back to 2020 according to news at Trekmovie.

The surprise could be a holodeck sequence. But the 7 of 9 scene looked like it was part of the plot.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Picard, Seven, and Icheb. Only makes sense they'd all meet up at some point. Especially with late-era Picard's obsession.
Icheb? I missed that one. I know Hugh/3 of 5 will be part of the series along with Riker and Troi.

If this new series can make me forget about Star Trek: Discovery, it'll be worth it! :D

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
The show looks great from the trailer. Frankly, I'm ready for a true Star Trek "cinematic/television universe". Despite all the shows and films, there is a ton of world building yet to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks