What's new

Star Trek: Picard - Season One - CBS All Access - starring Patrick Stewart (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
As a fan of many many years going back to the dim times, I honestly don’t recall anyone use the term Trek as shorthand for Star Trek.

To be honest, I have not had a lot of respect for Kurtzman. And he and the Bad Robot team are the only entity and persons I have heard or read to use the Trek shorthand.

Maybe in the early years some people used the term, I just don’t remember it. :)

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I never referred to it as that, and like Nelson, do not recall it being used as a common reference. I'm not bothered by it, though I do prefer Star Trek.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
As a follow-up, possibly correct, possibly full of it, I think a lot of the use of "Trek" would have started after TNG aired. It is a lot easier to use "old trek" or "new trek" when talking about them. I think that started it.

There were tons of comparison discussions after TNG aired and while we have been using Trek acronyms for 3 decades now in our online discussions if you were talking to someone about the 2 series back then it was an easier way to refer to the different shows.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thank you Gary! For chiming I’m on your recollections. I prefer Star Trek as well. Sorry for the digression.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
36975452945461512787.jpg

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I love dogs. Let me say that first.

But no. I'm not okay with the dog in that poster. Not in any way. It doesn't fit, for me, with Picard and Trek.

Love the colors though. Take the pooch out and it's a great poster.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I love dogs. Let me say that first.

But no. I'm not okay with the dog in that poster. Not in any way. It doesn't fit, for me, with Picard and Trek.

Love the colors though. Take the pooch out and it's a great poster.
What do I know but I assume the poster is not supposed to fit. It's showing how far removed his current life is from what he was doing in TNG.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Perhaps it’s the burning embers of the supernova that wiped out the Romulan Star Empire. Assuming they adhere to J.J. Abrams science, where you see something the instant it happens in deep space.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks