What's new

Star Trek: Picard - Season One - CBS All Access - starring Patrick Stewart (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Some leaked footage in this video. (I actually watched it with the sound off.) It does make clear that the uniforms we thought were the early DS9/Voyager uniforms are not. They are different.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
New poster:
picard-poster-1.jpg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I can’t imagine that there wouldn’t be. It sure seems like everything we’ve seen there is merely from the series opening and not representative of the entire journey.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm so hesitant about getting excited about this. I want an introspective-soul searching journey of Jean-Luc Picard that is above all very well written. I will give it a chance, but I'm not expecting any miracles.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"Fifteen years ago" is undoubtedly a reference to the Hobus supernova from the 2009 J.J. Abrams movie -- very likely Picard leads a rescue fleet to save the survivors of Romulus (or elsewhere in the empire), and the timeframe is very consistent with producer-interviews about when the new series occurs (c. 2399, though an exact "fifteen years" would be 2402 A.D., since the incident with Spock Prime and Nero happens in 2387). So this could be a rounding of sorts.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I was thinking about how Nemesis ends with the promise of a peace between Romulus and the Federation, and how it seems possible that Picard might have been the point person on those efforts. How devastating it would be to be the guy who finally arranged for peace, only for it to fall apart in the face of natural disaster.

Also: how about some tie-in wine sales? :D

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
^ Also, just rewatched the trailer, and looks like the "fifteen years" reference is pretty locked-in -- the female narrator specifically says, "Fifteen years ago, today, you led us out of the darkness." So it's probably a hard dating-stamp of 2402, then, and I'm guessing that the female is Romulan, judging by that particular line (Picard saving her from Hobus?).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I love that teaser. It promises something we've never gotten from Trek before. It speaks entirely to character, and nothing about plot.

I also love Picard's attire in that one shot at the end, halfway between the TNG civilian aesthetic and a contemporary suit and tie.

I really wish it was coming to Prime, like it is outside North America, instead of CBS's crappy streaming service.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I am officially excited about ST:P. I mean, let's be real. This is Patrick Stewart bringing back THE role which made him a household name in the United States. Without Picard, would he have been Professor X? I don't think so.

The fact this series is picking up after the destruction of Romulus is going to piss off A LOT of people...but I don't care. We all wanted a show set after the TNG-era. Guess what we're getting? A SHOW SET AFTER THE TNG ERA. With one hell of an actor who originated this character 32 years ago.

Yes, please.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That’s a good looking teaser. My reaction is the same since the news broke. This might disappoint a lot of casual fans the same way DS9 did. The audience might expect a series based on a starship.

Don’t misunderstand me, I hope it’s good. There’s no reason why Star Trek cannot explore the human condition on Earth. I’m assuming based on what I see it’s Earth bound. But perhaps there will be an off-world adventure.

I guess the Kelvin Universe does influence this series in that Romulus was destroyed in Star Trek 2009, while still taking place in the Prime Universe. Spock was still in the Prime Universe at the time. So that ties into Spock being involved perhaps.

I’m not a fan of the destruction of worlds just for dramatic purposes but ‘we’re stuck with it Mr. Spock.’

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
The problem with the series taking place on Earth is that the utopia ( the hopeful part of Trek) that is supposed to be falls apart since you have to show and explain that environment now being part of the story. Utopia is a pipe dream with no path clear, or otherwise, so it should remain purposely vague. To try to define a utopia is a futile attempt and falls apart under casual inspection (IMO).

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Any talk about Data? When last we saw him, he had “died” or was replaced by an earlier model of himself that only had part of his memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks