What's new

Spider-Man Homecoming - July 7, 2017 (1 Viewer)

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I liked it but it did feel like they gave away too much. We'll see. I do think they could have left out the part where Tony talks about taking the suit back.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I also liked the first trailer better. That one conveyed tone, this one got bogged down in plot that would have been better saved for the movie itself.

I'm hoping that the trailers are only so Tony-centric because Sony lent out its biggest character (aside from maybe 007) to Marvel for Civil War, and now they want to get their money's worth out of their end of the bargain. The best use of Tony Stark is in a very limited supporting role as his mentor. The fact that all of the Tony bits we've seen have been from the same couple of scenes gives me hope that this will be a Spider-Man movie first and foremost and not Spider-Man teaming up with Iron Man the entire running time. I enjoy the team up movies as much as the next guy, but I enjoy a true standalone, too.

Those reservations aside, the dreary Justice League trailer still makes this look better by comparison. The warm, naturalistic lighting that's reminiscent of a Ron Howard picture. The bright colors. Even the occasional blue sky. Much more inviting than the fifth circle of hell that Justice League apparently takes place in.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Those reservations aside, the dreary Justice League trailer still makes this look better by comparison. The warm, naturalistic lighting that's reminiscent of a Ron Howard picture. The bright colors. Even the occasional blue sky. Much more inviting than the fifth circle of hell that Justice League apparently takes place in.
I love the phrase "fifth circle of hell". I hate the aesthetic that the DC characters are saddled with.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I really love the look of this Spidey's suit.

Thanks Tony! ;)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Tom Holland has been cast to play Nathan Drake in the "Uncharted" movie. Apparently, the movie will focus on a young Nathan Drake. The third game had flashbacks to how a young Drake met Sully (in his prime), and they are going to use that as inspiration for the movie.

Boy, this kid has to be on top of the world right now.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Been hearing good things about the trailer, but I'm not watching. I'm trying to avoid the "final" trailers lately, and I think that has had a positive impact of my enjoyment of recent movies.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The consensus so far seems to be that's it's better than Spider-Man 3 and both Marc Webb Spider-Man movies, but not as good as Spider-Man 2. Some seem to think it's better than the original Raimi Spider-Man, some thing it's not quite as good.

I can live with that.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I've learned from past experience that early social media reviews do not necessarily reflect objective opinion. ;)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I've learned from past experience that early social media reviews do not necessarily reflect objective opinion. ;)

That is true. But it is important to distinguish between social media reaction from "fans" and those from critics.

The reactions here are from critics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks