What's new

New Speakers (1 Viewer)

JorgeN

Grip
I recently purchased a Sony STRDA5ES, and am using Bose Acoustimass 10 speakers. Although I have seen MANY people bash Bose in this forum I have been rather happy with them. Nevertheless, an upgrade is probably due so I wanted to know what people might suggest I buy for a room that is 10' X 12' and carpeted. I am looking for speakers similar to Bose but which might deliver more bang for fewer bucks.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Jorge:b

Evan H

Stunt Coordinator
Jorge, when you say similar to bose for a reduced price, what exactly do you mean?

If you're refering to small speakers that can fill the room with a quality sound, then I'd reccomend checking out the Energy Take 5 system. The speakers are slightly bigger than the bose speakers, but in a 10x12 room, they will definitely do the trick for you at a fraction of the cost.

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
I have that same Bose system Aucus10. I just ordered Swan Diva's 6.1 package from what I've been reading we have been short changed. After I hook up those Diva's it is time to sell those Bose...the great thing is that they have very good resale value.

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
Nice thing about BOSE is the RESALE VALUE. I sold my old Acoustimas 7 for close to 400.00 when i got them for free from the Bose outlet.

Free you say?- Well I originally purchased a set of AM7 about 7 years ago. Some crooks came in my house and STOLE the 2 satellites with the stands and i had them stashed for a while due to the price for replacements were 350.00 just for the satellites. I happen to go to a Bose outlet and I spoke to a manager asking him if I could purchase just a set of sats. He said if i had the Original Bass Module and the center sat. I could just bring them in and he will give me a BRAND NEW SET for free. Needless to say I was there 2 days later and GOT a NEW (not refurb but discontinued)SET for FREE!!

Users who are viewing this thread