New Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Jeff Leeds, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Jeff Leeds

Jeff Leeds Stunt Coordinator

Okay, so I bought a HK 7200 for 1200 bucks on a mis-marked price at Fry's over the weekend. It was suppose to be $1799 and when they were willing to sell it for 1200 bucks I did it.

Okay, so without any Bose flames, I had a set of 910s (that I got 500 bucks, let's not make this a Bose thread) and you cannot use them with 7200 (no Pre-Amp In and out) and no Tape 2. So, I brough my old KG3's (bought in 1989) from my bedroom and used them.

So the HK is awesome but the KG3's are kind of "tired" and i need to get something fresh. I have Pinnacle Gold Towers for my rears, what do you think is the best $1000 will buy. I found the Swan's and they look nice, I could do Gold Tower fronts for about a grand, or Klipsch RF-7.

What do you think is the best bang for the buck????

2. Jeff Leeds

Bump, come on speaker hounds, I've got 1200 bucks burning a hole in my pocket. Those Swan's look really sweet, what do you think? Since I've not ever heard them and there isn't a local place that has them I'm going to have to order them blind, so any owners shout out.

3. Doug Brewster

Doug Brewster Second Unit

http://www.vandersteen.com/pages/1clit.html

Ever hear them? Give it a shot. They are well worth the money and would pair nicely with your receiver. Not sure how they'd match up with the Pinnacle's, but any dealer who carries Vandersteen would let you take them home for a listen.

Otherwise, I'd go with the Pinnacles for fronts as well (if you like them). What is your center?

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John

Doh. At their one day sale after turkey day, they were selling them for just $899! I thought about picking one up...

Yes, what center?

5. Jeff Leeds

Damn, that was cheap!!! i though I stole this thing at 1200 bucks! I'll keep checking back to see if they lower the price in the next 30 days.

Okay, so now you ruined my day [​IMG] after thinking I'd done so well on this receiver, for 899 you should have bought 2, they are selling for 1200 even on e-bay.

My center is an Anthena speaker, I'm considering Athena fronts as well, if not I'll probably replace the Athena center and put it up in my bedroom.