New speakers, purchasing online... Recommendations (Klipsch, other brands)?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom_Maher, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Tom_Maher

Tom_Maher Stunt Coordinator

I was just about to order Klipsch Reference Series R*3-IIs all around, when I found out that there are NO online authorized dealers for new Klipsch merchandise. This puts a large wrench in my plans, as I was under the impression I would be able to grab the speakers online with warranty (and there are no authorized dealers near me with the speakers im looking for). I was going to spend a total of about 1,800 dollars shipped for two mains, the center, and four surrounds (buying an SVS PC+ 16-46 for the sub), at this price the warranty would be backed through the store, but not directly through Klipsch (www.Sounddistributors.com). Are there any other brands I can consider that will will meet or beat the Klipsches in terms of performance AND that I can purchase online with a full warranty for about the same price (preferably no more than $1,900 with $1,999 shipped being the absolute maximum, can't break the magic 2K mark). On the other hand, would I be alright purchasing the Klipsch speakers online through this dealer? Another dealer with slighty lower prices is www.reliableaudiovideo.com , are they reputable? I was basically all set and decided on the Reference Series, so those are my current first choice for the price. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Aaron Cooke

Aaron Cooke Second Unit

If you want to go with Klipsch and order online, i would check out www.acousticsounddesign.com They seem to have the cheapest prices and do a search on them here...they at least seem to be reputable. I personally will never bother trying to deal with reliableaudiovideo again. They had the best price on a B&K amp i wanted to buy but after i ordered it they told me it wasn't in stock and cancelled my order, and then they raised the price on their website and said it was in stock again. They also don't have as good a reputation on the net although i don't remember anyone ever saying they got ripped off by them. For what it's worth, i'm looking at getting the Klipsch RF-7's and will probably order from acoustic sound because the savings over what i can get in my local store is so great that it makes up for the warrenty policy.