New speakers.... need opinions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kyle_W, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Kyle_W

Kyle_W Agent

well to begin w/ i'm glad i found this forum, it looks great and it also looks like you don't allow the idiots to roam free like on alot of the other internet boards,

now to the question,

i have the sony es333 reciever, i bought it about 6 months ago. i also have sony playstation 2 for my dvd player, i plan on getting a dvd w/ progressive scan sometime soon when i get the money, my most recent purchase was a toshiba 27" tv w/ component video, so right now i need new speakers, i want to get the small speakers that are easy to hide so that i may take them to college w/ me as well. i've looked at the klipsch quintets, a set by teac, and a set by Harmon Kardon, i need opinions please my budget is about 500 and that includes a subwoofer, thanks everybody

2. JohnathanB

JohnathanB Auditioning

ouch dude...stop screaming!

3. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Jonathan,
    Taken care of.
    Kyle,
    Please don't use such a large font for your messages. Nobody will take you seriously. I assume this was an oversight and I've corrected it.

4. Kyle_W

Kyle_W Agent

oh sorry what a way to make a first impression, i dont' know what i did though? if someone could fill me in on how to correct it i'll be more than happy to?

5. Kyle_W

Kyle_W Agent

ok got it corrected but i have to edit my messages, i think i must of changed it while registering or something, now can anyone help me w/ my post?

6. JohnathanB

JohnathanB Auditioning

well, I am probably the last person to give advice (still learning about this stuff) but... Energy Take 5 is a great inexpensive HIGHLY respected system that is pretty small.

7. Tom Boucher

Tom Boucher Second Unit

You might post the Q about the speakers in the Hardware forum. Lots of people there.

For that budget, I've always heard the Energy Take 5 series are the way to go. Supposed to be awesome speakers, many people recommended them for years now. You may double check because something better may have come along.

I have the Klipsch Reference Series myself. They won't hid, and about 4 times ($2000) your budget

Tom

8. Jeff Aguilar

Jeff Aguilar Stunt Coordinator

Jeff
    Kyle,

I too will recommend the Enegry Take 5. I bought a set about 4 years ago. Great sounding speakers. You should be able to find them on the internet for the price you want to spend matched with the Energy ES-8 sub. Good luck.

Jeff Aguilar

9. Kyle_W

Kyle_W Agent

man you guys are great, i'm gonna go look for them, any sites that are dependable are welcome, i won' order off of ebay or ubid, but any sties you guys use often i'll give a shot at. thanks again guys

10. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Kyle, welcome to the forum. I, too, highly recommend the Energy Take 5 series. The original Take 5's can be found at a low price since Energy has introduced the Take 5.2 system. Hopefully you can find them some where within your budget.

Best of luck!

11. Kyle_W

Kyle_W Agent

well any links would be much appreciated. i found the 5.2 but they don't inlude a sub [​IMG]