What's new

New speakers in the house! (1 Viewer)

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Well the famous Marc from the audioshop e-mailed me Friday. Said he had a flood :frowning: So he had some speakers with no boxes. The speakers were in perfect shape (saved by the plastic bag on them). So I went to take a look since he was giving me a great deal.
So here's what I came home with.

They sound AMAZING! They are 94db efficient and replace my Dahlquist QX6 bookshelves. I'm driving them with the ASL Waves, I was a little worried they might be wimpy on the low end because of the tubes, MAN was I wrong. They really put out some decent deep bass even with 8 watts!
Because of the efficiency I get some blistering volumes, I couldn't even make it half on my volume before, before clipping, now I can hit 3/4's and well it's too loud there so I stopped no clipping!
They are the Flagship Dahlquist speaker. They go great with my decor as well, match almost dead on with my dining table and hutch and go really well with the rest of my living room of woods.
Even my girlfriend thinks they look great and better with the grills off! We were worried they might be too big for the room, but they give the room a seperation from the dining room (it's open concept).
Here's what they look like in my room.

Check out my site for more pictures.

James Slade

Second Unit
Looks great! I wish a shop close to me would flood. Maybe they would have some Totems around in bags that the would let go cheap because the boxes were ruined........

I guess it is good to dream!

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
James, I replied to your post at HTT, I am the James from Ottawa that helped you out.

So you DID have a shop close LOL until you moved! Marc actually has some totems on sale but they were nothing compare to these, more expensive (nice wood cabinet) but the QX10 sounded way better. He has a demo pair of Staffs and Mites.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks