What's new

new speakers at parts express (1 Viewer)

Robert A

Stunt Coordinator
I just recieved my latest PE catalog in the mail today. It looks like the have added a few new speaker manufacturers. They also have a new version of the titanic (295-402) that looks pretty cool. I wonder if the old titanic model will go on sale now.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, there's some nice stuff in the new catalog. We were discussing the new Titanics a bit in this thread . I doubt the old 12" will go on sale, as it's not being discontinued.
There's also the Peerless XLS woofers and passive radiators. They give a recommended box of 1.5 ft^3 for the 12" w/PR, and claim an F3 of 20Hz, pretty small.

Robert A

Stunt Coordinator
Just when I think I won't need to build another sub box they start coming out with bigger and better subs.
darn! :D
I built a box for a titanic 1200 for my dad (3 ft^3 sealed). It sounded really good. Now I want to hear what this one will do. I'm curious about the peerless stuff as well. I've never used one of their subs before.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I went over this a bit in that other thread, but the "new Titanic" really has nothing in common with the original. This one is more like a Shiva or Dayton DVC. It will go louder than the original 1200, but the F3 for a given Qtc is appreciably higher.
Here's what PE has to say about them.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I hadn't seen these vance dickason 5 peice kits before... too bad they don't sell the mains and center seperately or I'd build a set to play with :frowning:

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
bastards :angry:
why did they have to send me a cat? I was over the "gotta build all new speakers" bug until this came in :angry:
BTW those newish dayton studio monitors are on the back page, I'm listening to a pair of them now without a sub.. Ani DiFranco is sounding nice :)
I was happy enough with those I moved them up to use as mains and moved my acoustic research floor standers to the back for surrounds.. for now at least..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks