What's new

New Speakers - $1200 (1 Viewer)

Bruce Jr.

Auditioning
Hello Everybody!

I currently have a 57" projection TV and had it teamed with a Definitive setup that included BP10s-front, PM200s-rear, C2-center, and PF200tl-sub. My wife and I are redoing some things in our house and have both agreed that because of the layout of the living room things look to cluttered with the current setup.

We have decided to get a 42" plasma and also some new speakers to complement it. I was looking at the Definitive Mythos line and other wall speakers, but being that I am going to be putting the tv in a Plasma entertainment center and not on the wall, I think that I might need to look at some of the smaller bookshelf speakers that are available too.

I have around $1200 to spend on 2-fronts, 2-rears, and a center channel...I'm keeping my existing sub. I have been looking at all of the different speaker brands and I have to say I am now totally confused on what to get. It would mainly be used for home theater, but my wife also likes her music so I would prefer something that might be good at both...I'd say 70% theater and 30% music. I don't feel that the Definitive speakers are that good for music so I am open to any and all brands.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce...I have had great experiences with both of the premier Canadian speaker manufacturers, Paradigm and PSB. They both have similar lines of speakers from which to choose. I currently have Paradigm Studio 20's v.2 for fronts and backs, and an older CC-350 in the middle. I believe you can bring it in around $1200 with some careful shopping...possibly checking eBay if you are comfortable with that.

Good luck...Jack

trevorDO

Agent
Check out Energy, Paradigm, Ascend speakers. There are many good brands out there. Instead of going to your typical best buy/circuit city etc, I would go to your "specialty" dealers and look at what they have. There is a lot of good stuff out there if you put your time and effort in to it.

Bruce Jr.

Auditioning
Thanks for the replies!:)

I checked out the Paradigm speakers today and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The studio monitors were really nice, but the speakers that I think are going to work better are the Cinema 220s or 330s. They sound nice and the size and shape will work well with the new Plasma.

They are similar to the Definitive Mythos line, but let me tell they sound a lot better...both music and movies sounded nice. Plus they are cheaper than the Definitive stuff too.

Would there be any other plasma type wall speakers that are similar to the Paradigm Cinema 220s/330s that I should consider?

Thanks again,
Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks