What's new

New Speakercraft Series - Wiring Requirements (1 Viewer)

george.kell

Auditioning
I've been looking for suggestions for in-ceiling speakers. Thanks for the help on this. I think I've found my answer in the new Speakercraft TIME series. These things have full articulation and rotation control via a hand held remote. Who cares what they sound like - were talking remote control access here. :) Here's the most information I can find so far.

h ttp://w ww.svconline.com/enewsletters/SpeakerCraft-ceiling-speaker-07192005/

(Sorry about the spaces - I'm not in the frequent flyer club yet.)

Any ideas out there on what the wiring requirements will be for these things? The article talks about 'The TIME Command Unit (TCU) will provide low-voltage power and data streams to the speakers to facilitate automation.' My contractor has the dry wall guys coming in tomorrow to seal everything up. I suppose I better get some conduit up there to be safe.

Thanks,

George

george.kell

Auditioning
So the folks at SpeakerCraft are being tight lipped about the TIME series. Not only are they not providing specs or wiring information they won't give any estimates when this information or the product will be available. Looks like they're still working out the details. Cool concept - hopefully they'll hit the market soon. Will likely take a look at the KEF Ci 200.2QT as an alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks