What's new

New Speaker System (1 Viewer)

Andrew Lauterbach

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Lauterbach
My friends and I are in college and getting a house soon. We're planning to turn the basement into a party area / dance floor (basically a mini-fraternity). The basement is quite big and we're looking to really make it rock but we're fairly inexperienced when it comes to speaker systems. What would we need to get in order to create an awesome space to dance to loud music. Our budget is very flexible but I was hoping to stay under $1000

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You want PA speakers, rather than traditional home audio speakers. Basically, they're built more to be physically indestructible and play louder, with some sacrifice in ideal sonics. Crank them up, and your friends won't care. You'll also want a solid PA amp. Popular brands are Behringer and Pyle, but I'm not really up on that stuff as much as some others here. Behringer is also probably the most prominent maker of the type of amp you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks