New Speaker Line Sinclair Audio

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Ian_A, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Ian_A

Ian_A Agent

Today after months of reading reviews and information I went out to demo some speakers. High on my list to demo are the Paradigm Monitor Series, Axiom, and the Dalquist. I heard the Dalquist at a chain tore and the sales kid didn't seem too interested. Today I had some good and not so good experiences again.

I went into one of the Paradigm dealers and when I told him what I was interested in he first showed me some speakers made by Sinclair Audio. The sale rep told me the head sound engineer from Paradigm had started this line about a year ago. I was impressed with the sound, and the build quality looks great. The pricing is very similar to the Paradigm Monitor Series.

I was wondering if any of you have had personal experience with this speaker line. If they own these are they still impressed with the sound and quality? I did searches on the net and found nothing about Sinclair Audio. I would like any opinions or impression of these Speakers.

2. Jason Green

Jason Green Extra

Hi Ian. I bought a set of the Sinclair Audio SA285 speakers about 6 months ago in soundsaround in Calgary AB.
    I wasn't sure about them until i plugged them into my JVC 8000 receiver that had loudness and rock presets. They sounded really good. I have had them hooked up to my Yamaha RX-V2400 Receiver & while they sounded all right they just didn't seem to have much in the way of bass. Once i had my JVC pumping them they sounded really good. I was also just in Grande Prairie AB & they were selling them at Echo Sound. I saw that they also make a Bipole/Dipole surround speaker that looked pretty good. The guy said that list was $200 but he could sell them for about $100. If anybody else has heard how these sound I would like to find out what they thought of them.