1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

New Space 1999 covers!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jimmy M, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Second Unit

Well, I have spent many hours, and I have made my first custom cover: the A&E Space 1999 DVDs. I am practically finished with them. They are designed for a 4 disc alpha case, so each season will fit in two of them (and take up just slightly more than half the space.)
    Here is a preview of the first cover. (72 dpi)
    LoRes Picture Case 1
    I am still working on the image on the front for the second box, and I am also waiting for the last 2 sets to arrive so I can add the special features to them. Let me know what you think, and I'll get the final versions done and posted soon!
    Jimmy!

2. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

very nice!

3. Jeff Pryor

Jeff Pryor Supporting Actor

I like that. I've recently begun to collect these sets, too. It's been years and years since I've seen Space: 1999 until the DVD's came out, now I'm enjoying this show just as much as I did in the 70's

4. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I only remember watching this show as a kid. And I know an expolosion knocks it out of orbit with Earth. But, how do they explain how they get to different planets every week???

5. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Second Unit

I have the previews of the first three covers done now.
    LoRes Picture Case 1 (slightly modified to include the "1" on the front cover)
    LoRes Picture Case 2
    LoRes Picture Case 3
    Please let me know if there are any errors or things that need correcting. I've seen them a million times and I think I've become immune to them.
    Jimmy!

6. Todd Phillips

Todd Phillips Second Unit

7. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

Nice work, Jimmy!

Let me know when you have Hi-res versions available and I'll be glad to make the switch!

-Ric

8. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Second Unit

Thanks, Ric. That's high praise coming from you. [​IMG]
    I've actually got high-res versions ready now, but I want to wait for the final 2 sets before I commit the first set of Year 2 the way it is. (The back of Set 2, Year 1 has several episodes whose trailers are not in the trailer gallery, and there are asterisks denoting that. Hopefully all the episodes in the second season will be represented, but I want to be sure.)
    When Matt's back, I'll send him the covers to host. (But if you want one early, drop me a line.)
    Jimmy!

9. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Second Unit

Well, it took a while, but I have sent in the covers for Year One to matt at DVDCoverArt.com, and he has posted them.

Year Two still coming soon...

Jimmy!