new Sonyxbr450 error, blinking standby

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DarrinH, May 10, 2002.

1. DarrinH

DarrinH Second Unit

Ok, guys... sitting at my friends house and he just got this set put in. The television flashed a little red and went off by itself. We turned it on again and about 1 minute later we got a white flash and it shut off again. The standby light blinks six times. I know that this blinking is signifying a problem. Just wondered if anyone here knew what it meant. Would you have it repaired or ask for a new set all together?

He would have to wait a month for a new one. I advised wait for a new one. I have seen posts here before about these error messages and wanted to know if anyone knew what happened.

Anyone else have a similar problem with their set?

Thanks in advance guys...

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Sounds like the power supply has failed. So, he just got the set? He should return it immediately for a replacement unit.

3. DarrinH

DarrinH Second Unit

Yep, they took it back and he is getting another near the end of the month. We turned it back on and colors started changing as well as brightness. I was just wondering if anyone here knew what six blinks by the standby light signified.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Well, these are in fact error codes. Dunno about this one. But if the set refused to power up and that LED was blinking away, my first thought would be power-supply failure. Had this happen to me before.