1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

New Sony Wega channel setup is wacked!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Cindy B, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Cindy B

Cindy B Extra

I ran the channel auto-program last night, and it did the 3 VHF channels fine. But the UHF channels now show up on the wrong channel! For instance, to view channel 33, I have to tune in to channel 68, and Fox 43 is found on 119.

I have no cable or satellite - I watch strictly OTA broadcasts. What is causing the TV to assign the channels this way? How can I fix it? I have a 19" Sony that I bought a few years ago for the bonus room, and it did the same thing. I never tried to fix it cause we really don't watch it that much - it's just for the kids, and to use while on the treadmill.

But this is my new 36" set for the living room - and I don't like not knowing where to find the darn channels. Anyone have any ideas??

2. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

This sounds like what happens when you leave the TV set to "Cable" and scan for antenna stations. Change "Cable" to "Antenna" then re-scan and it should fix your problem.