"NEW" Sony TV's

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Bill Will, May 28, 2004.

1. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Sony has the following "New" Models with Pictures & Specs. listed on www.sonystyle.com

ANALOG MODELS 4:3
    KV-20FS120 20 Inch $249.99
    KV-24FS120 24 Inch $319.99
    KV-27FS120 27 Inch $399.99

DIGITAL MODELS 4:3
    KV-32HS420 32 Inch $ 999.99
    KV-36HS420 36 Inch $ 1,499.99

DIGITAL MODELS 16:9
    KV-30HS420 30 Inch $ 999.99
    KV-34HS420 34 Inch $ 1,599.99

DIGITAL "XBR" MODELS
    KD-34XBR960 (New This Year Model Starts With "KD")
    $ 2,199.99

I just read it quickly but it looked like the Digital models have a "DVI" Input & a "HDMI" Input Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

2. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Second Unit

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Matt, Yes I saw that over there & I'm hoping that the Sanyo's with the Built-In HDTV Tuners at Wal-Mart pan out. I'm looking for a closeout price on the 30" Sanyo for $598.88 [​IMG]
    I still think HDTV's are Over-Priced especially seeing Sony was able to drop the price $500.00 compared to last years prices. Now if they droped the price $500.00 next year that would be something [​IMG] then EVERYBODY would run out & buy & HDTV set & the Networks would really scramble to get out HDTV Programing. But I do have to say that Sony's new prices should give the other companies a run for their money & help lower prices on HDTV sets. When I was fooling around on the Sony site ordering sets I got the first week in July as a delivery date on some of them so maybe you'll get your 27 inch earlier than you expect [​IMG]

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Those prices are coming down. But let's hope the build quality isn't as well. Not to mention the power-supply capacity.

But for HDTVs to take off with the nonHT crowd, the prices will have to be in line with what they are already used to paying for a TV set — meaning a few hundred dollars, as opposed to more than a thou'.

5. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Jack, this week again BrandsMart USA in FL has the 27 inch Zenith HDTV model C27V22 for $348.88 & I'll bet Zenith made money selling them to BrandsMart USA & you know BrandsMart USA is making money on them. I want to see a 34 Inch Wide-Screen HDTV set for $699 or less & I'm sure they can do it right now but that would eat into their profit margin. It will probably take China building a "GOOD" low-cost HDTV before the other companies really lower their prices much. Hate to say it but I really don't care if they have to put in cheap power supplies & etc to get the prices down because this will get the average person to go HDTV & then we "ALL" will get a lot of HDTV programming [​IMG] & there will always be the bettr sets out there for more money with good power supplies & etc.

6. Sanjay Joseph

That Sony KBR is pretty expensive. Is it really worth that much? There are many nice bigscreen TV's you can get for that price.

7. PeterTHX

PeterTHX Cinematographer

"Hate to say it but I really don't care if they have to have full screen DVDs & etc because this will get the average person to go DVD & then we "ALL" will get a lot of DVDs"

See? Slippery slope. Lucky/Goldstar (I REFUSE to call them Zeniths) suck bigtime.

Sony's Digital sets, esp[ecially the Super Fine Pitch tubes set a new standard for television. Simply in a class by themselves. Worth every penny of the difference between them and a comparable set from any other brand.

8. Kyle Kuklinski

Kyle Kuklinski Auditioning

I am thinking about buying the KV34HS510, but then I saw this thread. What if anything other than the price is different between the KV-34HS420 from the 510? Also when is the 420 suppose to come out?

9. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Kyle, If I remember right the diffrence between the two sets is that the 510 has P-I-P & a built-in Sub-Woofer the 420 doesn't & the 510 has the DVI INPUT & the 420 has the new HDMI Input. If you check Sony's website I think you can order some of the models now (They are not in stores yet though) but most of the line won't be out until July/August or maybe even later.

10. BrianAe

BrianAe Second Unit

Check out the plasma prices though!!! Way way down... Think of what the street price on the pannys will be in 6 months!