What's new

New Sony TV Poll (1 Viewer)

I have to agree wtih fininshing shows instead of putting out new. To add to your list,

TJ Hooker

I would like to see the Rookies but rather have them finish the shows they already started

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Wow. Those are the only titles they have listed? The $treet was a pretty good show (Jennifer Connelly and others in a Wall Street set soap opera of sorts)

The last poll, they had the great, short lived Showtime series GOING TO CALIFORNIA. Now that is a show that would be a terrific DVD release, as each episode was a mini movie. Plus, it had a name supporting cast that would sell it (Vince Vaughn was in one episode, Rosanna Arquette, Jaime Pressly, Bridget Moynahan, many others).

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Wow, looks like the Cupid fans have gotten word of this poll. It's now in first place with 23 percent of the vote!!

beatlejam

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Otto
I'll take "Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer." They released the two pilot movies last year in a nice collection. Now, how about the episodes in season sets?

beatlejam

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Otto
And....how about the live-action 70's series, "The Amazing Spider-man?"

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
how about
Young Americans (2000) girl pretends to be a guy to go to a good school with Katherine Moennig from L Word
Stuart Little (2003) the animated series based on the films.
Pyramid (2002) the game show with great guest stars like Mario Lopez, Hal Sparks, Sharon Lawrence etc
Street Time (2002) - the show about parole officers
As If (2002) the US remake of the UK show bout a young group of friends
Pasadena (2001)
LA Doctors (1998)
The Guardian (2001)
Going To California (2001)
Mysterious Ways (2000)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

I heard that :) That's one that I'm wanting as well. I have the 2 pilot TV-movies that you mentioned. I guess we'll have to hope that it's a signal that the series is coming soon.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

Ben Casey was an ABC/Worldvision property so it's either owned by either Paramount or still ABC as Combat was.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

Agreed. Complete the shows you started and then give us a new poll. The choices on the poll are pretty bad. I couldn't even pick 3.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
"Mysterious Ways" would get my vote. It aired on both NBC and PAX and developed a good cult following. I'm really surprised Sci-Fi hasn't picked it up in reruns and even more surprised it hasn't yet had a DVD release.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Adrian Pasdar is currently on "Heroes", which might help in getting "Mysterious Ways" released. I would love to see this released, but does Sony really own the DVD rights?

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I'm actually really happy that The $treet is included in this poll. I really liked that show when it was on and I would love to see it again. Tom Everett Scott is one of my favourite actors and I thought he was really good in this.

I'm also glad Cupid is included. I think that show needs to be on DVD.

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
Well, I for one, voted for Cupid which had been on the top of my list for intelligent, witty TV shows that were cancelled too soon, and have yet to make it to DVD. Thankfully, three others on my list: SportsNight, The Tick and Freaks and Geeks, I happily own on DVD.

Kinda glad the other shows on the ballot are weak. It helps Cupid (hopefully) stay #1 in the rankings. I do have most of the eps on VHS, but they are copies of copies and the quality is poor. I even have the one that aired overseas, but it aired in Israel with subtitles...made for interesting viewing.

Anyway, looking forward to Cupid on DVD, hope it makes it through. With Piven getting some pub due to Entourage, here's hoping they release this classic!

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Well, I really want the Donna Reed Show, but it appears that it is not a choice in the survey... bummer.

ry

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Overall, "Bette" was actually a good show. It was (and still is) unfairly maligned because it flopped despite having a huge star as it's lead. It was very well cast and did a good job of poking fun at Miss Midler's perceived public persona. It's unfortunate that the show was not given more of a chance. The show does not deserve it's bad reputation. Being cancelled early or being a "flop" does NOT make you a failure quality-wise.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
If "Bette" does come to DVD it'll probably be pan-and-scan (think King of Queens) and missing chunks of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks