What's new

New Sony SXRD Line (1 Viewer)

joe_pre

Agent
Anyone heard much on the new Sony SXRD line of TV's, some of which are shipping in the next two weeks. I was leaning towards the KDS-R60XBR1, but now am thinking of going with the KDS-60A2000. It seems to have the same features, costs a little less, and does actually accept the 1080p input. Anyone heard anything or have any opinions or thoughts on these?

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
Interesting to see how they will stack up.

My family has an XBR. The sound is great from the side speakers, and the iLink (FireWire IEEE 1394) ports come in handy for our DV camcorder, when not using the Dish Satellite, we use CableCard. These aren't present in the A2000 versions.

The XBR2 versions of the 60" and the 70" will be available soon though, with all these features and more.

BrianTwig

Second Unit
How do people think the Sony SXRD compares with the JVC HD-ILA? The SXRD is good amount more money. How does bulb life compare between them?

I like the 56" HD-ILA and maybe the Sony a bit more, but is the additional cost justified?

I do not watch a lot of movies. The TV will be for regular every day TV viewing with the occasional movie.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
Let's just say Home Theater Magazine didn't ever give the JVC "Product of the Year" (not just TV of the Year). :)

Regular TV looks better than it ought to on the SXRDs.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully, the quality control will be much better on these new SXRDs. Lot's of horror stories with these displays over at AVS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks