1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

new sony progressive scan dvd/sacd dvpns900v

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SteveValenti, Nov 6, 2001.

1. SteveValenti

SteveValenti Auditioning

anyone see/buy/use this unit yet? looks like it has alot of similar features as the es9000. wanting multi-channel sacd vs. dvd-a because i work at a sony retailer. what about the 'chroma-bug'? does THIS particular unit have the chipset w/the chroma-bug problem? how bad is that problem anyway? thanks in advance. steve

2. Jim_F

Jim_F Screenwriter

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/045980.html
    I have the 9000ES which supposedly doesn't have the chroma upsampling bug as bad as some. On my 53" display, it's rarely visible, and when it does show up, it's usually during the credits, where I don't really care. To me, the elimination of the bug would be worth $10-20 max, but not worth pulling my player out of the rack unless I was already changing something else. It's just a non-issue to me.
    Some people seem to be quite sensitive to it, however. It's reportedly worse on larger displays, and virtually invisible on small ones.
    It's just another thing we have to judge for ourselves.

3. SteveValenti

SteveValenti Auditioning

hey! thanks for the reply-i'll go to the link you provided and post response. again,thanks [​IMG]

4. SteveValenti

SteveValenti Auditioning

ok; engaged 'track topic', will probably get this one for myself. steve.