What's new

New Sony Megachanger - Doesn't work (1 Viewer)

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
So I just bought a new Sony CDP-CX400 CD megachanger for system. After loading in all my CDs, the stupid thing doesn't play half of them! When I try to play one, it sits, makes noise, thinks about, makes some more noise (I'm pretty sure it's loading and unloading the disc a few times), and then moves to the next disc.

I've tried everything I can think of, removing discs, putting them in different slots, cleaning them, etc. The discs in question all play fine in other players, just not this one.

Anyone else have this problem?

I purchased this thing on-line through an authorized dealer, so I can always get it replaced. I just don't want to go through the hassle of shipping this monster.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Cameron, first, welcome to the Forum. You definitely have a bum 'CX400. My guess is that there is a problem with the loading mechanism seating discs properly or a problem with the laser assembly. In any event, I am afraid that you will have to exchange the player for a new one. Have no fear, though. Sony makes good megachangers. Hope everything works out.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I have this problem with an older Sony 200 disc changer. Only it's far fewer than half that won't play - more like about 5 out of my collection. It was months before I even noticed...

Oddly enough, I burned copies of the discs, and the copies work fine. Now the originals live in my car, where they work just fine.

Go figure.

-Scott

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
That's my fear. Oh well, the perils of purchasing on-line.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, as I just finished purchasing my first real HT system.

I spent a long nine months in Delaware last year.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Cameron, I like Delaware, but I certainly understand how nine months could be long for some. Delaware isn't a happening place relative to some places I've been, but I like it.

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend a lot of time actually doing anything fun.

I came home every weekend, and was generally working 60-70 hours a week during the week. Pretty much all I saw was 95North and South to PHL and from my apt to work.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Cameron, dealing with I-95 in Delaware is no party. Sorry you had to experience it. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks