New Sony KV27HS420 and other 27"hdtv's

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Steven_Jobe, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Steven_Jobe

Steven_Jobe Stunt Coordinator

Well my first question would be reguarding the Sony KV27HS420 which is supposedly Sony's new 27" HDTV. Does anyone have any info on this TV? I have seen nothing about it on Sony's website or anywhere else for that matter except for at onecall.com. Is it supposed to come out soon and does anyone know a time frame for major stores like Best Buy and Circuit City? Any info would be appreciated.

Also, I'm in the market for a 27" TV. First I'm unsure as to whether I should spend the money on an HD set right now or wait until they're cheaper and/or better in the 27" range(please don't feed me the typical everything is going to HD in a few years because it has been confirmed that analogue TV's will be able to handle digital broadcast's via a down-converter).

Also, should I end up getting an HDTV, which 27" set should I go for? The only one I've been considering really is the Zenith 27" 'cause it's the only one at the moment with a DVI input however it is no longer carried at Best Buy or Circuit City(last one was sold today in my area). What does everyone think on this situation? Which is the best 27" HDTV or are there better one's coming out soon? Or should I consider the 26" widescreen Samsung(although for that much I'd prefer the 32" Sanyo at WallyWorld). And I really watch more regular broadcasts than anything which are all in 4:3(at least what I watch).

Anyways, sorry for the long post but I really need some help.

2. Steven_Jobe

Steven_Jobe Stunt Coordinator

please someone help?????

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I thought it was up on Sony's website? If not check www.avsforum.com there is a lot of info on the new Sony 420 Series over there including the 27" model. Hope this helps you out. From what I remember it's exactly the same as the old 32" & 36" 510 Series except they took off P-I-P & they cheaped up the built in sound & then lowered the price compared to the 510's on the 32" & 36"