What's new

New Sony DVP-NS975V (1 Viewer)

Ian>>

Auditioning
Sony has come out with a new upconverting HDMI DVD player the DVP-NS975V. Has anyone got an opinion on this projector? Would the Bravo D2 be better? I have a Panasonic PT-EA700U projector with HDMI input. Is there any real gain to go HDMI>>HDMI vs. DVI>>HDMI?

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
I reviewed the sonic quality of this player last month.

HDMI can be up to 12 bit, DVI is only 8 bit video.

MikeWestdal

Auditioning
I bought the Sony player and liked the picture and sound, but yesterday, 11/25, both DVD's and music CD's would not play at all and the on/off and door opening functions would not work, or were slow. I took the player back and up traded for a Denon DVD 2910. Anyone have similar probs w/ the new Sony?

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Mike,
That is the first I've heard of a problem. I've been religiously following a thread on them for a bit now and havent' seen anyone with problems like you are describing.

nathan_k

Auditioning
Does anyone know if it's possible to use hdmi for video while using optical/coax for audio to a receiver at the same time? for that matter what about the panny s97s?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks