1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

New Sony DVP-NS975V

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Ian>>, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Ian>>

Ian>> Auditioning

Sony has come out with a new upconverting HDMI DVD player the DVP-NS975V. Has anyone got an opinion on this projector? Would the Bravo D2 be better? I have a Panasonic PT-EA700U projector with HDMI input. Is there any real gain to go HDMI>>HDMI vs. DVI>>HDMI?

2. Rob Kramer

Rob Kramer Second Unit

I reviewed the sonic quality of this player last month.

HDMI can be up to 12 bit, DVI is only 8 bit video.

3. MikeWestdal

MikeWestdal Auditioning

I bought the Sony player and liked the picture and sound, but yesterday, 11/25, both DVD's and music CD's would not play at all and the on/off and door opening functions would not work, or were slow. I took the player back and up traded for a Denon DVD 2910. Anyone have similar probs w/ the new Sony?

4. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Mike,
    That is the first I've heard of a problem. I've been religiously following a thread on them for a bit now and havent' seen anyone with problems like you are describing.

5. nathan_k

nathan_k Auditioning

Does anyone know if it's possible to use hdmi for video while using optical/coax for audio to a receiver at the same time? for that matter what about the panny s97s?