What's new

New Sony CD/minidisc deck: The MXD-D400! (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Sony recently released the budget MDS-JE480 minidisc deck in the US and has now released the MXD-D400 CD/minidisc deck. The 'D400 replaces the 'D40. The 'D400 sells for $300 and has similar features as the 'D40. According to www.crutchfield.com , the 'D400 has an optical digital output, which the 'JE480 and other recent budget Sony minidiscs decks lack. However, the 'D400 has no keyboard input for disc and track naming.

Here is a link to the 'D400 at crutchfield.com:

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...=0&cc=01&avf=N

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Believe it or not, I actually saw an ad for a Sony portable MD player/recorder (net MD) over the weekend, in an ad for Target. 1st time for a place like that.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
There has been allot of new Sony MD ads in CC & BB + others as of late with the new netmd models.
Maybe I should start using my two decks "Denon & Pioneer" & my Sony portable some time soon :frowning:
I love the format, I just don't take the time to record.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
That's great news; I've been wanting a MD deck with a digital output for quite some time and haven't been able to find one with a reasonable price tag.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jerry said:

I love the format, I just don't take the time to record.
Same here. I often make dubs of CDs to CD-Rs and occasionally make a mix on CD-R. I love minidisc but haven't made a mix there in quite awhile. The problem is that I can only play minidiscs at home, so I get much more use out of CD-Rs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks