1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

New Sony 755V vs the attractively priced Sony NS500V

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MattCPT, Jun 21, 2002.

1. MattCPT

MattCPT Stunt Coordinator

I was going to buy the Sony DVPNS 500V this weekend at Best Buy for $179 because I wanted a DVD player as well as the SACD capabilities. When looking for cables on Onecall.com I saw that they have a new Sony NS 755V that has better audio and video D/A converters as well as MP3 capabilities for $270. I think I'm going to wait. I was wondering if anyone else was aware of this new DVD/SACD player, and what you thought about it.

2. MattCPT

MattCPT Stunt Coordinator

3. Marvin

Marvin Screenwriter

Marvin
    I'm waiting for the 755V also. It looks like an excellent deal for a progressive scan player with SACD. I might wait until I read a review of it in case there are any problems with it. The other thing that would make me not buy it is if I decide I really would prefer DVD-A to SACD.

4. michael.ong

michael.ong Extra

just my 2 cents but i never liked sony players because

1)past experience- sony dvd players are very sensitive to disc quality(surface). coming from the LD players era and till today, sony players still suffer the same problem!

2)other cases- way too many people i know and store owners tell me of people returning their sony sets for warranty due to this problem.

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Matt, the 'NS755V is too new for anyone to comment on its performance. Perhaps some reviews will appear here and on the Hi-Rez Highway board on www.audioasylum.com in the coming weeks.
    The 'NS500V is a bargain at $180. It will be interesting to see if Sony has improved the audio in moving to the 'NS755V.

6. Chris Hiter

Chris Hiter Stunt Coordinator

When is the 755 coming out or if it has already, where can I get it?

7. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor