What's new

New Song Of Bernadette Dvd Out (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I got the new Song of Bernadette dvd yesterday - good picture and sound and good second audio commentary track.
No prescreen overture so you have to get the soundtrack vd on Varese Sarabande to get the whole thing but it does have the exit music. (why it has one and not the other I dont know)
Teh back cover has another in the growing line of goofs on Fox dvd covers. In the lower right hand corner it says the film is a Cinemascope Picture and color by Deluxe. It is,of course, no such thing, but a flat balck and white film. Oh dear!

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Haven't thought of this film since my one and only viewing in grade school, many years ago. I was mesmerized.

Thanks for the heads up (and the walk down nostalgia lane)!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be able to retire my LD when mine arrives. You would think that one of those highly paid Fox employees could proofread the cover art before it was printed. If they don't have a proofreader, I'll take the job at a reasonable salary. Yes, what has happened to the overture since the exit music was available.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Was this a roadshow presentation? The commentary doesn't mention it getting roadshow treatment, though it certainly seems a natural. Are the overture and exit music also by Newman, presumably?

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Listen again to the commentary. It DOES say that this film was a roadshow. In any case, the Overture IS on the soundtrack cd. It and the exit music is all Alfred Newman of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks