New Son Volt album

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mike Slade, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Mike Slade

Mike Slade Second Unit

So any Son Volt fans here? I'm a pretty big fan and I was happy to hear they were reforming to record a new cd earlier this year. However that was short lived and Farrar decided to carry on with a new lineup. The new album is scheduled for July 12th. Hopefully it will be as good as the old Son Volt. They also are releasing a retrospective cd with some old unreleased songs and a DVD release of their 1997 Austin City Limits performance. I'll probably pick up all three of those, definitely the DVD.

Here's a link I saw on Yahoo
    Also some news at www.jayfarrar.net/

2. DavidNighorn

DavidNighorn Stunt Coordinator

I am looking for this too. Son Volt made three classic albums in their first incarnation. It would be nice to think that Son Volt 2.0 will live up to that lofty standard. Either way, it will be nice to see Farrar back in the saddle again.

David

3. Mike Slade

Mike Slade Second Unit

Has anybody picked this up yet? I'm still kind of on the fence about it since it's not really Son Volt.

4. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    It is very good. Farrar's most simple and direct songwriting since the first Son Volt album. The new band does well, although I miss some of the instrumental flourishes from Dave Boquist.

Regards,