What's new

New SNL DVDs (1 Viewer)

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
Is anyone else excited about the new SNL DVDs like I am?

I thought the best of Will Ferrell was good enough, but a second volume?!?!?!? I am in heaven. And Tracy Morgan, Chris Kattan, and Christopher Walken! AMAZING!!!!!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
The Will Ferrell disc has sold a lot of copies. Way more than any other SNL disc.

I'm looking forward to the Christopher Walken one :D

Gord

Rob Broder

Auditioning
Jay, they've already done Steve Martin and Phil Hartman discs.

I'm looking forward to the Christopher Walken disc too.

Rob

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I'm looking forward to the "classic " SNL discs!!!!
I wish they would rerelease the Carrie Fisher episode some day! It was on vhs a long time ago.
And any more Steve Martin discs in the future are mine! :D

He's gotta a condo madea of stonea, King Tut!

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
The Christopher Walken episode aired a few weeks ago. It wasn't very good. The choice of sketches was really weak. Its too bad since theres so many countless sketches that were so much better.

I am looking forward to the new Ferrell compilation though, should be hilarious.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
oH MY god! It was like two or three years ago when we were talking about SNL DVDs and I was saying to everyone who would listen that they should release a "Best of Christopher Walken" DVD. Someone even set up a petition for it. I wonder if our chatting about it helped sway them to decide that indeed, it is one of the best ideas ever?!

Now we just have to buy enough to inspire them to release a

Christopher Walken vol. 2!

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'm really looking forward to the next batch containing "classic" SNL members. I used to have "The Best of Chevy Chase" and "The Best of Dan Aykroyd" on VHS many years ago. I'd love to see discs containing their best work, in addition to Gilda Radner and John Belushi.

True, the Steve Martin disc has already been released, but hasn't been re-issued like the others with new packaging.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
GILDA!!!!!!! I want a collection of GILDA!!!!!!!!

Damn them! Tired of all this current cast crap!

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
The best of Will Ferrell is by no means necessary crap. It's one of the best pieces of comedy I own.

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
It was alright. I wouldn't consider it the best of Will Ferell though. For starters, they picked the weakest celebrity jeopardy sketch. And although the hot tub sketch was funny when the cast started cracking up, there were other "Lovah" sketches that were much funnier.

The funniest parts are the conan interviews in the special features. I must have watched that Robert Goulet interview four or five times in a row.

Classic.

Keith M.

Second Unit
Anyone know if the Will Ferrell vol. 2 will contain his Neil Diamond sketch? That just cracks me up everytime I hear it!!

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I would like to see the Best of Alec Baldwin. He had some damn good sketches.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
...or at least a best of a certain season. Maybe containing 3 or 4 discs. I am a huge fan of SNL, and would by full-out season sets (volumes would be cheaper) but I will be the first to admit, that like all things, can be hit or miss. It is not always perfect, so maybe they can weed out certain things.

Ryan

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
They could even release a compilation of Ferrell interviews and appearances.

Such as his other Conan interviews and his Harvard commencement speech (hilarious).

The DVD would sell like crazy.

PatD

Grip
My favorite "Best of" is the one with Eddie Murphy. Anyone know if it will ever be released on DVD?

PatD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks