What's new

New SNL discs for August - Details Inside! (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Due on August 5th is Saturday Night Live: 25 Years of Music. Featuring the best live musical and sketch performances spanning the entire history of the series, this 5-disc DVD set will present nearly 60 landmark live one-of-a-kind performances remixed and remastered in both Dolby 2.0 Stereo and 5.1 Surround. Retail is $49.99.

Debuting a week later on August 12th are a trio of new 'best of' compilation discs. Look for SNL: The Best of Will Ferrell, SNL: The Best of Molly Shannon, and SNL: The Best of Adam Sandler. Each ~75 minute disc will include bonus audition and dress rehearsal footage, a photo gallery, each comedian's favorite outtakes, and TV appearances. Retail is $19.99 apiece.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Sounds nice. I'd really like to see a compilation disc with all of the "Celebrity Jeopardy" skits on it.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I think the Connery ripping on Trebek in the Celebrity Jeopardy skits were one of the funniest skits SNL has done in years.

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
If only they would release the best of Gilda Radner!

Given her popularity, I don't understand why this hasn't happened yet.

JimmyK

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm still waiting for a 90-minute compilation of the best mock-commercials.

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator

Hell yeah, man! I haven't bought any of the performer specific SNL DVD's yet....just keep waiting on the Phil Hartman title. I want to start my collection of this series with Hartman. If I only ended up with one...this is the one I'd want!

Who's in charge of deciding who gets done when? Extremely irritating that Sandler would get TWO before Phil or Gilda got one. Ridiculous.

Phil remains my fav all-time Saturday Night Live performer...but Will Ferrell is rapidly moving towards the number 2 slot....a very funny guy!

C'mon...bring us the Hartman DVD already!!!!

JoN

Eman_Ramos

Stunt Coordinator
How are these "Best of" sets? I'm thinking about picking up at the very least the Will Ferrell one.

By the way, you know what this thread needs?

More cowbell!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have a few of the original BEST OF sets that
were released to DVD a few years back.

They are generally very good.

Just wondering if these NEW releases have the
same exact material as the BEST OF releases that
have already been issued.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Featuring the best live musical and sketch performances spanning the entire history of the series...
With this statement, they better include the Nirvana performance where they started out with some strings from Rape Me...but ended up playing "Smells Like Teen Spirit" or something....

John Simon

Second Unit
I'm still wait for a Best of SNL Political Skits. I've never laughed as hard as those skits from the 2000 election. Maybe they'll get the idea and start releasing more of these. They'd be a HUGE seller if they started targeting topics, instead of the stars. I've bought a couple of the Best Of's that are currently out there, but if there was a Celebrity Jeopardy or political skits, I'd buy them in a minute.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
When are they gonna release the stuff they had for LD? Best of's Commercials, Belushi, Eddie Murphy? I'm proably forgetting one too...?

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
The Best Of John Belushi is gold-mine of whackiness!

"THE THING THAT WOULDN'T LEAVE!"

The legendary Joe Cocker 'With A Little Help From My Friends' bit.

"Samurai Delicatessian"

JB as Henry Kissinger.

Great stuff! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Gordy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks