New Smallville 3-14

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by JustinCleveland, Apr 14, 2004.

1. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Just wanted to let Smallville fans know there's a new episode tonight, and it looks like it might be the season-ender, though I'm not sure. I missed the resolution of the Adam arc, and I'm still kicking myself over that.

Looks tight, with some big plot moves, and more from Christopher Reeves!

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Tonight is episode 17, so there are six more to go.

Can't wait to finally see a new Smallville and Angel.

3. MichaelD

MichaelD Stunt Coordinator

And remember, it's not a new episode, it's a "fresh" episode.

4. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Huh?

Isn't this the first new one in like six or more weeks?

5. Evan M

Evan M Second Unit

Yeah.. but they are calling them "Fresh Episodes" now, instead of "All New Episodes"

He's just making of fun of the silliness [​IMG]

6. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

As opposed to 'stale'! [​IMG]

7. Kevin Eckhardt

Kevin Eckhardt Stunt Coordinator

This was the reason for all of the repeats. They wanted to let the new episodes air out and spray them with just a touch of a pleasing scent. [​IMG]

8. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I am sure there are many that would like to get "Fresh" with Tom Welling!

Just read Smallville is renewed for a 4th season.

9. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    And sold into cable reruns for a hansome fee to ABC Family and HDNet.

If you get Tom Welling, can I have Allsion Mack? I don't care if she is "Fresh from the Frog!"

10. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Should be positively bitchin'. Christopher Reeve vs. John Glover. I'm there.

11. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Well, it had a lot of X-Files triple-back double crossing, so I'm not sure where anyone stands... and how did Christopher Reeves end up with the key at the end? Anyone? Bueller?

A well-plotted setup episode, but it didn't advance the plot as much as I would have liked. Instead, like I said, it was all setup that had better payoff before the major cliffhanger.

12. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

OMG someone please shoot Lana in the back of the head and end this crap plot. [​IMG]

13. Adam Lenhardt

Color me disappointed. They better have Christopher Reeve back next week or I'm going to be pissed. While I loved the fact that unlike so many Smallville characters you couldn't tell where he stood, unlike "Rosetta" nothing was really accomplished either.

More Lana/Clark shenanigans. A hell of a great build-up. Great pieces in motion episode, but I always thought the Swann episodes would be pay-off episodes.

If we have to wait until next season's Reeve episode to find out what happens with the key I'm gonna be majorly pissed. (Atleast it didn't disintegrate by melding into the wall; that would have really pissed me off.)

The flashes from the rest of the season look pretty good, though. Especially the flash of baby Kal-El.

14. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

Yeah, didn't I see the key fly into the wall? How did Swann get it? What's the deal with Jonathan and Jor-El? Is this show always so frustrating? I usually watch Enterprise.

Yeah, I know I'm like the only one!

Ric

15. Adam Lenhardt

I just checked KryptonSite, and the reigning theory is that Dr. Swann always had the key and either the other one was fake or there are two real keys. Dubious.

Usually the show is beat-you-over-the-head obvious, which makes the sudden X-Files style wheels-within-wheels cloak-and-dagger business both refreshing and frustrating. The setups were interesting, though.

And can Lana just die already? Noone cares. (and by noone I mean I don't care.)

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I was more furious with how the fake FBI agents just ransacked the Kents place. Stuff like that just irks me.

I don't remember Lana/Kirsten crying so much in one episode.

Lionel's hair continues to gross me out.

The episode seemed to be shot over the course of 2-3 weeks because Clark's hair was newly cut in some scenes, and longer in other scenes.

Didn't really like the Swann scenes either (between Lionel or Clark). It just felt like filler.

Overall, neutral to not-so-hot episode for me.

17. Ivan Lindenfeld

Ivan Lindenfeld Second Unit

I'm with Patrick. Meh.

There should be major developments if they are gonna put Mr. Reeve through a shoot. He has said that it is not easy to do this and that is why we get simple shots with him and one other person on one set.

Evidently Jor-El or whomever is the Krypton spirit of the caves has a direct relationship to the good Dr. That's the only way he could have the key in his posession.

I like my Smallville simple, wrapped up after an episode or two. Introducing this "Jor-El was trying to contact another" thread seems silly. Is it consistent with Superman mythos? Is there another Kryptonian on Earth?

I absolutely love looking at Kristen Kreuk. She has a fresh, beautiful look that is unlike other beautiful actresses on TV today.

That having been said, get rid of her. She's all platitudes and pining for Clark or not or pining or not. I am sick of it all. Kill Lana. That plot thread is lost and wandering.

Rosenbaum is my favorite actor in this show. Expressiveness without hair.

18. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

That message was from the key to Pa Kent.

19. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Swann was more benevolent last season, last night, he started looking a little more manical in his own quest for these Kryptonian artifacts. Hopefully, how this all plays out won't have me reaching for a TV brick to throw at the TV.

20. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    It's quite possible that Dr. Swann is the one sending those messages to Jonathon through the key. He's spent the better part of fifteen years looking at data from Krypton, so it's quite possible that he's discovered a hell of a lot more about their technology than just how to read the language.

His life quest was to discover life on other planets, which he's done, so it's reasonable to assume that he's got a new goal in life. He, like all characters, has an inner motivation which has yet to be revealed, and not telling us right away is half the fun! Those parts didn't bother me at all.

However, I didn't like the cheat at the beginning. Lionel's about to blow his head off and Clark going into the caves, which has happened dozens of times in the past, is enough to pull him back from the brink? Cheap.

And this episode also had the prime reason why the Lana crap is going too far. This episode didn't even need Lana. It was not about her, but they had to shoehorn her in there with yet another moment where Clark and Lana re-re-re-re-re-re-re-redefine their relationship. Le sigh....