What's new

New Slim cathode-ray tube from Samsung (1 Viewer)

TicoTVA

Stunt Coordinator
Dig the stop the log link and site.

Its funny how TV makers are working with their products to prevent burnin potential on gas based monitors and TV broadcasters are making the problem worse. Maybe they are secretly promoting LCDs and RPTV... hmm Sony owns a few Stations and promotes LCD hmmmm

Its nice to see everyone in the those industries working together.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm taking back my 30" Slimfit today. It produces a beautiful picture, but the geometry problems are a little more than I can take. I've seen widespread reports of bowing around the bottom, which is a problem you probably have to live with with this design, but I've also got warping in the center of the screen. It's best seen with a credit scroll, where you can see the words hit a certain spot and begin to separate from one another and then come back together. You can also see this effect when the camera tilts, and the image warps just enough to drive me batty. It's a shame, because the size is just right and the picture really is beautiful with the exception of the flaws. Perhaps I got a TV with a physical defect and could exchange it for another, but I don't think I can face carrying this monster back up the stairs another time.

By the way, I got a 3079. It has the speakers on the side. The 3080 and the 3081 both have the speakers on the bottom, which shaves five inches off the width. That would really be a boon as far as space issues go, but again . . . not sure I want to take another chance with it.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Not to trash Samsung, but I know that they are trying to change their image, essentially to a "Korean Sony". But ... their DLP, plasma, and CRT displays all rated pretty poorly in the current Consumer's Reports. LCDs did OK though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks