What's new

New "Sixth Sense" Vista Series Will Include DTS & Extras (1 Viewer)

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
DVDfile recently said that the new "Sixth Sense" Vista Series DVD that will be released on 1/15/02 would just be repackaging the older version in the new Vista Series packaging. However Amazon.com just put up the information for the "Sixth Sense" DVD & it does include a DTS soundtrack with some extras not included on the original disc according to them. These will be spread over 2 discs. See below:
Edition Details:
• Region 1 encoding (US and Canada only)
• Reflections From The Set
• Documentary On The Paranormal Hosted By M. Night Shyamalan
• M. Night Shyamalan: Storyteller
• Special Collectible
• Widescreen anamorphic format
• Number of discs: 2
Available Audio Tracks: English (DTS), English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
THX Certified
I hope they're right. I would consider purchasing it now for the DTS track & the extras.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Amazon is reporting Vista Series Tombstone to also contain DTS and two discs. This should be a great DVD for a great movie.

Brett G

Stunt Coordinator
I hope that's true about Sixth Sense. Can anyone else confirm this? I know the original SS had plenty of extras, but hardly what one would consider worthy of the Vista Series label.
-Brett
------------------
Link Removed
My DVD's

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
The only bad thing about this is that the director is very stingey on extras with his movie. Look at the Unbreakable DVD. It is a good special edition but it is kinda baron considering they had a whole 2nd disc to put things on. And it has been said that it was do to the director.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
The original disc was good but I would reconsider not buying this for a DTS track.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
Y'know I love DVDFILE (hell, they're my home page), but this is another scoop they've been wrong on, along with that Escape from NY thing and some other stuff. Maybe I'm going to have to really start checking DVDSHRINE. Plus, they've apparently been beaten to the scoop on Groundhog Day (which I have waited for a LONG time).
What's up with Tombstone? DVDSHRINE doesn't say if it's the director's cut or not.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I must say, from those pics they both look very nice. Kudos to the house of mouse.
Dan (UK)
[Edited last by Dan Brecher on October 23, 2001 at 07:00 PM]

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Are the extras from the first sixth sense not on the vista series, i've yet to pick it up, i was goign to until i heard about the vista series version. that marketing photo makes no mention of deleted scenes, but i wonder if they will be given the treatment that Unbreakable got. I'd really love to see a featurette on marketing the film, as the campaign was brilliant, and an isolated score would be fantastic for SS, James Newton Howard's score was excellent.
Anyway i hope that's not all that will be on sixth sense (my favorite film of 99), because it sure seems puny for a two disc set (even though the first disc will hopefully be like a superbit).
I'm ecstatic over the tombstone release, i've been holding off seeing this film until i could buy the special edition and watch it in widescreen for the first time. If the directors cut is included i hope they use seamless branchign to the original, as I think that cut was excellent.
And both look very very tasty (although I'd still prefer double alphas), which seems to be a wonderful feature of the vista series, in fact the pearl harbor vista series made me want to buy it for the packaging alone. :p
Adam

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Man, I hope this news is true! I will buy both on 1/15/02.
I sure hope this news is right on the money.But I still won't sleep right until I read the "official" specs from Buena for both Tomb and Sense.
But it looks promising... :)

DanR

Supporting Actor
There's only one phrase for what I just saw over at DVD Shrine with regards to Tombstone. Tombstone Vista is going to be TITS.
Regards,
Dan
[Edited last by DanR on October 23, 2001 at 08:54 PM]

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I have t on very reliable authority that SIXTH SENSE does have a DTS track.
That's all I can say. It is coming, and it will have DTS.
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Anyone wanna trade DVDs with me?? Click here

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Let me see if I understand correctly: The upcoming re-release of The Sixth Sense will have everything the current release has, nothing from the current release will be missing, and in addition to everything from the current release, additional material will be added. Is that correct?
------------------
-Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
swouttakes.jpg

Join the JJR512.com Genome@home Team and help cure what ails you. (Click here for more info.)
Contact me: [email protected] | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message
[Edited last by JustinR on October 23, 2001 at 11:24 PM]

Adrian_P

Stunt Coordinator
Well if it includes a DTS track and is on 2 discs and comes in that great looking packaging. I think I will actually finally buy this film now. Oh and the Tombstone release looks great, just have to see the movie again to see if it is worth it.

PienSavaca

Stunt Coordinator
Oh goody. My original DVD was returned (unopened) when I learned about the FORCED TRAILERS Di$ney put on the disc.
------------------
"I got kissed... and, and, and I shoplifted."

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Oh goody. My original DVD was returned (unopened) when I learned about the FORCED TRAILERS Di$ney put on the disc.
Those trailers aren't exactly forced... you can skip them.
But still, I would rather have forced trailers than no trailers at all (i.e. Unbreakable: Vista Series).
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 20 OF 2001

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks