What's new

New Silent Hill 3 trailer. Nice and Lengthy...(Kelley be ready...) (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Newest railer for the game debuted at TGS this year. Just want to simply say. I CAN'T WAIT!!! Whatever the hell that thing is the is dragging her out at the end of the trailer is...*creepy*...I aint dealing with it!
2 sources:
Silent Hill 3 trailer (Gamespot Low Quality)
Silent Hill 3 trailer (High quality/connection so-so)
If on that second link you continue to get Network connection drops, just keep hitting play and move the movie to where you left off. The connection to the server is a little iffy, but its much much better quality than the Gamespot trailer.
Kelley, we may want to rethink that bus trip..I'm staying home (too frightened!).

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Damn, looks good!

I know I must ask for forgiveness, but I have yet to play Silent Hill 2 ::puts hands in front of face to avoid being bitch slapped:: ...

I'm going out to get it this week.

Troy

ChrisV

Second Unit
Wicked!! :emoji_thumbsup:
Silent Hill is so scary. Can't wait to go back there.
BTW: I had no problem with that second link. Worked great.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I hope the first Silent Hill movie is good, so they can move on to make at least 2 sequels.

Seriously, though, this game looks GREAT. I can only hope the story (expanded apon) and gameplay are as good as they look to be.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
The Silent Hill series has a lot going for it, but I swear, if I have to see another fishhook + strand of hair in a lockbox
puzzle I am going to scream. How difficult is it to concoct challenging puzzles that relate to logic and to the game at hand instead of pulling items out of a hat and hoping they magically merge into something useful?

I really like the Silent Hill series, but my god, that stopped SH2 dead in its tracks for me.

~j

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
How difficult is it to concoct challenging puzzles that relate to logic and to the game at hand instead of pulling items out of a hat and hoping they magically merge into something useful?
Apparently, quite difficult. The Resident Evil series has been trying to do it for years and for the most part they still haven't fully succeeded (Though the Code Veronica was close and RE remake was almost perfect in this regard.) Resident Evil 2, 3 Code Veronica had some really illogical puzzle placements (Art gallery in a police station anyone?), though that didn't diminish enjoyment of those games for me.

Personally the puzzles in both Silent Hill games didn't bother me at all. I'm not saying they were perfect in anyway and I can see where your coming from, but taken in context of the reality bending and all around fucked up worlds that your characters are exploring in these games, those puzzles really aren't that far out there. At least to me they aren't....

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
What I'm hoping for (and it looks like I won't be disappointed) is the ultra creepy atmosphere of SH1 and the SH2 Toluca Prison mixed with the strange, convoluted, but very well done story of SH2 for the whole game.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Romier,
Agreed. :) To be honest it was just that one puzzle that caused me to throw the controller across the room.. everything else came more quickly. As far as Silent Hill 2's atmosphere?... my god, totally incredible. The swirling fog, the shambling creatures.. total dread throughout.
On the subject of puzzles: Just generally speaking, if I know what task I must accomplish, and I have succeeded in collecting the items for that task, the logical leap that follows in performing said task should not be out of left field. Even the Code Veronica puzzle (involving the metal detector) was very easy for me because there were enough clues left in notes, etc.
Now that I've improved the sound field for my prologic setup, I need to return to Silent Hill with the lights out and the subwoofer turned up.
~j

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Agreed. To be honest it was just that one puzzle that caused me to throw the controller across the room.. everything else came more quickly.
Understood Joseph;). I can understand where your coming from. Allot of the puzzles in these type of games are quite obscure (Nothing is worse than Resident Evil 3 in that regard, some really wierdly placed things in Racoon City!).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The worst puzzle in SH2 was the bug room. The other puzzles came down to finding the right item, but the bug room just left me guessing until I had to get help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks