What's new

New Silence of the Lambs release (1 Viewer)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Yes, but's also a 7 year old laserdisc transfer. The original Kubrick set was full of old laserdisc transfers and everyone had a fit. I realize a few of those were really old but I still think a double standard is applied to Criterion. I don't know any other studio who can get away with releasing 7 year old laserdisc transfers without criticism.
I agree. There definetely is a double-standard in Criterions favour. Their quality standards have dropped considerably in the last little while, and noone seems to be on their case. It seems like every other Criterion release lately has some kind of problem.
And from what I've heard, the new SOTL has a much better transfer - and not just because it's anamorphic either.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
And from what I've heard, the new SOTL has a much better transfer - and not just because it's anamorphic either.
I understand what you're saying and I'm not trying to start an unnecessary argument. Just because it is new doesn't mean it's right. So my query was more to see how 'correct' the transfer is, if that's even possible. I just want the correct transfer. This movie deserves it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks