What's new

New Shiva in 85L sealed (1 Viewer)

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator
I finally received my shiva due to the backorder, and installed it into my ~85L sealed box. It is constructed from 3/4" mdf except for the bottom, fornt and top, which are 3/4" no-void oak ply. The driver is mounted recessed on a piece of mdf bonded to the lower part of the front. The inside is sprayed with car undercoating, and the sides and back have the textured black finish (truck bed lining). The oak sections are stained and sealed, and I will post pics as soon as I can borrow the digicam from work. It is powered with the PE 250 watt amp modified to give 2db boost at ~20hz. I chose this because it was the closest thing I could get with radioshack resistors on the cheap
smile.gif
. Anyway, this thing absolutely pounds. I have only watched episode 1 so far, and have the sw out on my dennon at -12db ( as low as it goes). The amp gain is at ~12 o'clock. I thought my house would explode during the extended pod race intro. All those pods reving have bass! I guess I should go over to Radioshack again and get the spl meter to balance my system, and measure the output of the sub. Anyone else here have a similar enclosure? My wife goes out of town this weekend, I may try to injure myself with U-571 or toystory2...

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Stephen,
I'm glad you like the new sub! Yes, the pod race scene in Episode 1 really sounded good and you wont be disappointed with U571 either.
I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the new sub when you get the digital camera. E-mail them to me too so I can post them on the site
smile.gif

------------------AOL Instant Messenger Name: kyler70

Users who are viewing this thread