What's new

New Sherbourn Pre/Pro (1 Viewer)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I don't know how much Sherbourn tweaked Outlaw Audio's Model 950 or not, so I can't say if putting down the extra cash beyond the $899 for the Model 950 is worth it.

Dan

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I don't know how much Sherbourn tweaked Outlaw Audio's Model 950 or not, so I can't say if putting down the extra cash beyond the $899 for the Model 950 is worth it.
IMO, the changes are minor at best. I don't think they'd provide any noticable difference. (though I guarantee someone will follow my post with a major disagreement) :)
Still, it's nice to have another "affordable" pre/pro on the market. I just wish they had styled it a bit more dramatically. It's not that different from the Outlaw.

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
Am I the only one on the planet that actually likes the Outlaw logo and green button?
Nevermind, don't answer that. :D

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Hmmn, the design looks pretty simple as well, and has a "cheap" look to it, but maybe that's just me.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Well, I asked Ron Fone himself about the release of the Pre/Pro, as well as if there are any differences between it and the Outlaw. Here is his response:

Scott:

We are confident of getting over our dealer back order problems by the end of October.

The main differences are that ours comes with a set of basic cables, the main/video/processing boards are especially calibrated, we use low leakage capacitors, our video transfer is at 55 Mhz, our (optionally) rack mountable front panel cosmetically matches our new amplfiers and we have a solid aluminum volume control knob. PLUS we only sell our product through our network of professional franchised dealers who are always ready to assist in the installation of the product.

Regards,

Ron Fone

The green button is just fine - very ergomonic as says 'where to start the fun' - and the fun continues with the 'fun' logo.

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
So can someone please look inside this thing and tell me which caps I need to replace?:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks