What's new

New setup--opinions? (1 Viewer)

bokonon

Auditioning
Real Name
Will Fleming
Hello, sometimes lurker, but now a new member here. After searching around here and elsewhere, I am narrowing down my selections. I would like to get some final thoughts on the h/w below and the combination. I plan to make a HTPC with DVD initially, but add Blu-Ray later.

Viewing distance is approx 12-13 feet.

Projector: Victor DLAHD100
Screen: Kikuchi MEI-120HD
Amp: Denon AVCA1HD
Speakers: B&W 804S, HTM4S, 805SB, ASW700B

Budget is of course a consideration and I am spending all that I am really comfortable with.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Will, welcome to HTF!

Are you in Japan? The receiver and speakers you've selected are among the best I've had the pleasure of auditioning. I wouldn't call this a budget system by any means. That being said, don't take our advice on speaker selection, this is a very subjective purchase - let your ears guide you!

I'm not familiar with the brand Victor, but I believe this front projector is a JVC D-ILA 1080p model, you'll be thrilled with this projector.

Other items to consider in your budget; speaker cabling, subwoofer cable, universal remote, surge projector, installation and wiring, calibration

Cheers

bokonon

Auditioning
Real Name
Will Fleming
Thanks for the quick reply. I went with more expensive speakers and listened to a few but liked the B&W. I am no audiophile, but they seemed to fill the room with a lot richer sound. It always seems my speakers are the longest lasting part of my audio system, so I don't feel too bad about that decision.

Since they were a bit pricey, I decided to wait on the blu-ray even though the PS3 is pretty cheap. I have the cabling and such and bought a logitech harmony 1 for my remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eathree
Recent bookmarks