What's new

new set-up problem(amp - pre amp) (1 Viewer)

wayne rec

Auditioning
i just purchased a amp/pre amp set up. the pre amp also has a tuner built in(NAD 1600, the amp as a NAD C270). i have only tried the tuner so far, but there is barely any sound coming from it. i am funning rca's from the pre amp out to the amps fixed in. any suggestions? thanks,

Pete Gia

Stunt Coordinator
Does the pre-amp have a button that says "Low Level"? If so that is the problem. Turn the volume down,turn the unit on,then press the low-level button. That set-up shoud sound great!(I love NAD) Hope this helps--Pete

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Wayne,

I'm not familiar with your exact components. Could you maybe provide a little further info? For instance, are there any other output jacks on the back of your preamp? Are there any other input jacks on the back of your amp? Do you know for certain that the RCA cords you're using are functional (you've tried them on another system, etc.)? Do you expect you'll have an opportunity to hook another source up to your preamp soon?

wayne rec

Auditioning
thanks guys! i tried everything i could think of. it has got to be something simple, but i just can't get it figured out. i have "thrown" every switch on both units, but to no avail..., yet:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks