What's new

New Server Online (1 Viewer)

TravisB

Agent
The new web server is online. Depending on your ISP's cache settings, you may hit the old server for up to a day, but you won't notice as both point to the same database.

Performance should be much improved during peak times. I will be tweaking with database tuning now that the database server doesn't have to handle web serving as well.

Enjoy!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Travis:

Thanks so much for all the hard work in getting the new server up and running. I know you have been extremly busy with the rest of your network operations.

You guys at QWK.net run a class operation and it is great to have a business owner that puts so much into helping others have a great connection to the internet and the support to go with it.

Parker

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Travis,

I also want to Thank You for all you have
done for this forum.

Not many people realize that you are the guy
that works behind the scenes making this forum
run as efficiently as possible.

You have been an absolute godsend to this forum
since we moved to your ISP.

Thank You so much!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
The new server is up and running and appears to be handling our traffic with ease. Has anyone noticed any slow downs the past couple of days?

Parker

TravisB

Agent
Thanks for the comments guys; they're very much appreciated.

There is a bit of slowdown going on right now... I'm working on tweaking the settings a bit more to alleviate it (it's an easy fix). Tuning is really a different beast when going to a dual-server setup.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Something has happened that may or may not be a coincidence. What appears to be sometime yesterday, I stopped receiving email notifications from HTF and I don't know why.

As luck would have it, my ISP also installed a new mail server over the weekend. I had some email hangups from that on Saturday and Sunday, but as far as I know, it has been working right since.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Excellent work, Travis, Ron & Packy! I did get a High Server Load message but that may have been while you guys tweak. I haven't seen much slowdown but I haven't had a chance to browse heavily in the last 48 hours.

TravisB

Agent
You may still see some slowdowns over the next day or two. I underestimated what percentage of the load vBulletin and its associated scripts are - they're hitting the new web box pretty hard. I'm having an additional processor overnighted in, which should even things out when installed.

TravisB

Agent
Actually, I can't take much credit... it was a quick hack to hold us over until the additional processor arrives. Right now, the database server is actually serving about half the web requests in a load-balancing configuration.

Seems to work okay, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks