What's new

New Scooby Doo trailer. (1 Viewer)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I pretty much fee the same. Although, Scooby looks completely fake. I thought they would have made Scooby as realistic as possible, considering he's spposed to be real in this film. Although, you could argue that Scooby doesn't look like a real dog in the cartoon, and they wanted to stay true to his look. Not to mention, the things Scooby has to do might warrant that he not look completely realistic. So in that point, I can't understand what they are trying to achieve. But the film doesn't interest me.

David Echo

Stunt Coordinator
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Paradoxically I consider this to be both my most inarticulate post and at the same time the only manner which truly expreses my fear and loathing about this film.

Not that I will ever actually watch it, you understand.

Sigh, where is Joe Dante and a Joss Whedon script and an animatronic Scooby when you really need them?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Personally I think this is the worst casting ever done. Shaggy being the worst. I looked more like him and sounded more like him last Halloween than Mathew Hillard does.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Actually, I thought Lillard was the best thing about that trailer. Vocally, it sounds like he nailed it. Visually, it was close enough to pass for a film adaption.

On the bad side, it is obvious that Junior as Fred was a horrible decision. Man, was that bad.

That's ok, I already thought this film would be crap and I still think it probably will be.

Jason

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Sigh, where is Joe Dante and a Joss Whedon script and an animatronic Scooby when you really need them?

Joss wrote Alien Ressurection, which I will never wholly forgive him for.

I also think that Shaggy was the best thing in the film.

How does Freddie Prince Jr. keep landing rolls? Do his films really make money?

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
You basing that on having read any of his Alien Resurrection drafts or how you perceive the screenplay from having only seen the movie?

I'm basing it wholly on the "newborn-alien" idea that is presented in the film. An idea, IMO, that would not work in any context. If you can show me some proof that the newborn was not his idea, then I will respectfully change my stance.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Good man for checking the script, I think he did a great draft, it's the main reason Weaver signed on... then...well... god knows what happened.

Dan

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
Is it just me, or did the Scooby rip-off cast in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back look more like the cartoon characters than this crew does? :laugh:

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Regarding Joss Whedon and Alien: Resurrection, please refer to this old interview from The Onion:
http://avclub.theonion.com/avclub373...ture_3731.html
He loathes the movie!
Regarding Scooby Doo - I have no real problem with a movie adaptation and (although I despise watching Prinze and/or Lillard in anything) the casting choices don't destroy ALL chances of a good time, but... I watched the new trailer twice without even a trace of a smile - let alone anything resembling a laugh. It IS supposed to be a comedy, right? :D

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
Are they trying to bring back the cast of I know what you did last summer with an exception

Joel C

Screenwriter
I think it looks ok. It is supposed to be in the vein of The Brady Bunch movies.

I want to see it, I don't know why everyone on Aint-It-Cool-News has been pissing all over it since the beginning.

I mean, Scooby Doo was NEVER a good cartoon. I watched it all the time when I was younger and I like it for reasons of nostalgia, but it isn't great.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I saw it in front of Ice Age today, and I'm sort of of two minds about it.

First, some stuff looks fun - I like Scooby and Shaggy; the design looks spiffy, and the cast (minus Prinze) is pretty good.

What worries me is the self-parody angle that's apparently going on. It just seems like it could push the audience away from actually connecting with the movie; I always get the feeling that this sort of self-referentiality is a substitute for actually making it worth the audience's while, like we're paying nine bucks to have our affection for these characters laughed at. Which strikes me as, well, cynical and mean.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They should have done something more like The Brady Bunch movies: the kids use words like "Jinkies!" and "Psychadelic" and are totally out of place. Then it would be funny, but of course, they had to modernize it for teens and it looks like it will suck.

Who the hell cast this thing? Shaggy is good, and Velma looks good enough, but what about the rest? They suck.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Wasn't David Lynch suppose to direct this? I know that sounds odd, but I remember rumors of that a few years back.

Anyway, as the film stands now, I will definately pass on this in the theaters. There many more worth-while options this year.

Maybe they have something. But if they do, they didn't convey that in the trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks