What's new

New Scifi channel pilot "Eureka"... (1 Viewer)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Yeah, they are filming here in my neck of the woods.
Right now they have casting calls out for twins, triplets and quadruplets over the age of 60 (will take 40+ if they look older) and George W and Laura Bush look-a-likes.

I am considering signing on as an extra once this gets going.

They are calling this a Twin Peaks meets Northern Exposure meets the X-Files type of show.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I've been seeing the commercial for Eureka lately.
It acutally looks interesting and fun.
I'm definitely going to give it a watch.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
It premieres in July sometime but not on my tivo listing yet. I am affraid I am going to miss it.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikel_Cooperman
It premieres in July sometime but not on my tivo listing yet. I am affraid I am going to miss it.

From the Sci-Fi Channel Schedulebot (all times Eastern):

07/18/200609:00 PMEUREKAPILOT 07/18/200612:00 AMEUREKAPILOT 07/21/200607:00 PMEUREKAPILOT 07/22/200603:00 AMEUREKAPILOT 07/23/200604:30 PMEUREKAPILOT 07/24/200611:00 PMEUREKAPILOT

And here's their site for the show:

http://www.scifi.com/eureka/

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
it was ok, i think they may have gone overboard with the quirkyness but if they tone it down i'll keep watching. Then again I'll watch almost anything with Salli Richardson in it.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It has potential. I do like the lead guy, who, while a little out of his element, is still quite capable. There is a lot that is played over the top (Especially Matt Frewer's character, who I didn't know was even in the show.), but there are some interesting things that can be developed here.

Jason

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I really liked this show. It flowed well except for the whole daughter aspect which seemed kind of added in for some reason. The actors and actresses didn't seem to be clunky or unsure of each other. It really was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. After watching the previews for the next few episodes I'm actually anticipating watching this every week.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I liked the show and I thought the daughter was cute. I think this was a typical pilot episode where they cram to much exposition in the time they had. Once a couple episodes go by I think they will find their rhythm.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
This is the kind of show that I think could turn into a really funny Northern Exposure meets X-Files type groove and I really like the actors picked for the show.

The dialog was snappy though at times over the top, but that's OK for a pilot. I think the overall concept is interesting, it's how they play with it that could be fun :)

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I liked the show. I am curious how the show will balance the over-the-top quirkyness with the deadly seriousness of the conspiracy. This could be anywhere from a serious drama to a comedy.

I really liked:
"Henry isn't answering the phone"
BOOOOOOM
"Try him again, he'll answer this time."

When I saw Matt Frewer's name in the credits, I thought "bonus" because I usually like his characters. However this character is a disappointment and I wish he would just stick to his normal voice instead of that bad Austrailian accent.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I enjoyed it enough to set my DVR to record the series, for now. Hopefully, the next few episodes will be as strong as the pilot. There is a ton of potential in this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks