New Satellite system...is this normal? RCA DRD450RG receiver.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck Paskovics, Aug 17, 2002.

1. Chuck Paskovics

Chuck Paskovics Stunt Coordinator

I have an RCA dolby digital receiver. Everything is great (signal strength etc) and picture is great. My only complaint is this:

When surfing the program guide, it is very very slow. 1-2 seconds per click slow. I don't remember my dad's being like this (I've not been there to compare yet). So, is this normal? Is the guide supposed to be sluggish like that? I called DTV and they said it should move quicker and that it's a problem with the receiver (and to take it back). So, I did. But it is still the same. It's just frustrating trying to surf through 150 channels on the guide and it moves so slow.

Anyone else with this receiver have this problem? My model is RCA dolby digital DRD450RG.

By the way, when I surf through the setup menus it flys right through in real time.

2. Eric_R_C

Eric_R_C Second Unit

While I don't know much about your receiver, I can tell you that menu speed is generally a function of the receiver - specifically, how quickly it processes the menu info. How is the channel switching? Is it also slow, or does it compare to your old one.
    Different makes and models have different menu systems (I would hate to lose my Sony A3, because it lists the contents of my 35 favorite channels, and has a 5-channel loop. The newer, later models don't have this.)

3. Bill_D

Bill_D Supporting Actor

I have that particular receiver as well and it IS slow. I am going back to Sony once I find a good deal.

4. Marv

Marv Stunt Coordinator

Thats why I got rid of my RCA and bought a Samsung(which was faster than the Sony I had before the RCA also). The basic receiver was $50 and the DD model was $99.