What's new

New SACD titles/lack of new stand alone player announcements= 222es for me (1 Viewer)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Some have complained about the sound quality of the "Getz/Gilberto" SACD, but I love it too! Very smooth, yet warm and lush... I just love this disc. And if you don't have their "Ella and Louis" release, I'd recommend that one, too!

Mike Rivera

Agent
Peter:

I understand your situation regarding your Rotel sounding a bit better with Redbook CDs. My Rotel RCD-971 sounds a bit better with Redbook than my '555ES. My Rotel also offers HDCD decoding (I'm not sure if your '951 has this feature).

I think I'll keep the Rotel in my system for the near future for the above reasons and because if I just want to quickly load a CD for background music, the Rotel is much faster.

I do love the '555ES for SACD and it's "changer" feature (and Redbook sounds great, if not quite up to Rotel standards). I also enjoy loading five discs and sitting down with the remote and just listening.

Lastly, the changer is great for dinner parties (with shuffle play).

Good luck with yours,

- Mike Rivera

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks