What's new

New rumors from Gaming Age (1 Viewer)

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Gaming Age has a neat Link Removed up. Some of the rumors aren't particularly new (the backlit GBA), some of them aren't even rumors (Zelda GC has been pushed back in the U.S.), but there are still some interesting tidbits there, namely:
-A new 2D Castlevania game from the SOTN team will be out for the PS2 as early as June;
-Sony won't approve BMX XXX unless Acclaim removes the FMV stripper sequences and some of the swear words;
-Sonic Mega Collection for GC will include three more non-Sonic games in addition to the two already announced (Flicky and Ristar).

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
A few things...
First of all, I had read at Planet Gamecube that Zelda on GCN has not been delayed as some rumors have reported, unless you consider the release in February a delay. Click here to read the story.
Also, that Sonic Mega Collection is said to have a few more games listed on it than you mentioned. Specifically, you'll get Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast, and Dr. Robotnik's Bean Machine. This according to Link Removed. I wonder how many games total there will be. It sounds like a pretty great package.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Also, that Sonic Mega Collection is said to have a few more games listed on it than you mentioned. Specifically, you'll get Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic 3D Blast, and Dr. Robotnik's Bean Machine.
Those are all Sonic games, I was only referring to non-Sonic games. Ristar and Flicky are the only ones confirmed but according to the rumor mill there will be three more.

As for the Zelda thing, I wasn't aware Nintendo had denied the (additional) delay. But given that Nintendo and Blizzard are the two worst companies on the planet when it comes to delays I'm not sure I believe them.

Update on the BMX XXX situation: apparently the PS2 version will have no nudity and will also be missing the F-word. The GC and X-Box versions will be uncensored. Odd that Sony would be the one asking for these changes and not Nintendo.........

Jason Borchers

Second Unit
are the only ones confirmed but according to the rumor mill there will be three more.
When and where was this confirmed? If it's true, that's great news! I've been meaning to pick up Ristar for my Genesis, but I guess I won't have to if it's in the Mega Collection.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Which one was Sonic Spinball?

Speaking of Pinball on the Sega Genesis, anyone else like the Motley Crue Pinball game? I wish they would do something like that for the Game Cube (though substitute Molty Crew with Monster Magnet).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks