New RPTV owner

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Harold Southard, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Harold Southard

Harold Southard Stunt Coordinator

I just got my new rptv!!!! Got the Panasonic 53wxd63 and love it. I have set up the picture with Sound&Vision (made by AVIA, could not find AVIA at any local store) It does a pretty good job. The piture looked pretty good out of the box. My cable co. passes threw the local HD stations unchanged, but I have yet figure out how to set up the tv to receive them. I will be getting a roof top ant. DVD's look great!!! I picked up a cheap Sony for now. It seems to do a pretty good job. It is the DVP-NS725P. I have run the digital audio out from the tv to my receiver and even the non-digital stations sound good. Got a good deal on the tv at CC. The sell was over, but I talked the manager into letting me have it at the price it was on sell for a couple of weeks ago. This thing is bigger than I thought! I drove it home myself and had to take it out of the box to get it in the door.

2. Harold Southard

Harold Southard Stunt Coordinator

Update. Got the HDTV tunner to work!! The cable HD does not come in like they said it would (they said all I needed was an HD tunner that they "pass it through" free of charge), but I am gettin all their music channels. Hope they don't find out. LOL. I put some cheap RCA rabbit ears on the #2 ant. and am picking up several stations in HD!! Some are tunned in but not broadcasting right now. Right now I am watching Jay Leno in HD. WOW! I have tweaked the color and so on. Looks better than I thought it would. I live about 75 miles from the "hill" in Knoxville TN that the HD towers are on, so I was suprised I picked them up at all. I am also getting one from somewhere that is 4 channels in SD. I am going to get some amped rabbit ears in the morn and see if I can get the signal up. I am getting about 85% right now. I love this TV!!!!!!! Is there a way to turn off the picture when listening to the music stations? I don't want to have it on just a black screen. That would be a bad idea I think.?.