New RP91 will not play any DVDs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric T. Busch, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Eric T. Busch

Eric T. Busch Auditioning

(Also posted over on the AVS Forums)
    Ok, I just received my RP91 and so far I've unpacked it, hooked it up, and have gone through the menu to set the display type and other settings, but I've yet to be able to actually play a DVD.
    I open the tray, the screen and LCD show "Open", I insert a DVD, and hit the play button. As the tray closes I see the screen and LCD showing "Close" and then as the disk is spinning up I see "Reading" on the screen as well as "----- Read" on the unit's LCD display. So far so good, but instead of playing the movie the LCD display switches to "HO2" (I'm not sure if that's an Oh or a Zero) followed shortly thereafter by "Stop". At this point I'm unable to do anything other than eject the disk. It's not isolated to a particualr disk, as I've tried a random sampling of nearly a dozen. Am I missing something completely obvious, or did I get a bad player? Does anyone know what "HO2" means?

2. MichaelOrr

MichaelOrr Auditioning

From page 37 of the manual (Troubleshooting section):
    "H[][]" appears on the unit's display ([][] stands for a number:
    - Trouble is likely to have occured. The number following "H" depends on the status of the unit.
    Reset procedure:
    - Press [POWER] to switch the unit to the standby mode and then back to ON. Alternatively, press [POWER} to switch the unit to the standby mode, disconnect the AC power supply cord, and then reconnect it.
    - If the service numbers fail to clear, note the service number and contact a qualified service person.

3. Eric T. Busch

Eric T. Busch Auditioning

I've already tried the recommended reset procedure to no avail, so I guess I'll just send it back for a replacement.