New Rotel RSP-1066/RMB-1075 vs Demo?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by DaveBarn, Jan 11, 2004.

1. DaveBarn

DaveBarn Extra

Fellow HT enthusiasts, I am currently testing/demo a RSP-1066/RMB-1075 at home and all I can say is WOW. I have a chance to purchase the demo of these pieces w/ full 5 year warranty still intact. They are giving me $150 off each piece. I’m just concerned about the amp, I’m wondering if I’m better off getting that brand new. Any suggestions?

2. WayneO

WayneO Supporting Actor

If you have a warranty, why not? It least it's been tested and used and has no probs, usually if an electronics peice goes bad it's right at the beginning of use and the one your using is probably past that point. I'd save the cash and get the demo.

3. ChrisArmour

ChrisArmour Stunt Coordinator

I dont feel that the price you are being offered for those demos is such a good deal, I have two dealers that are close to me that will come down 10% on MSRP for the pair(I too am interested in this combo). That works out to $2250 for new components opposed to $2200 for demos. I personally would try and get him down some more on the price.

4. gregD

gregD Second Unit

Agreed... many, but not all, Rotel dealers can be talked into 10% off new gear, so it's very reasonable to ask for a better discount on the demos... especially if there's another Rotel dealer nearby... and any demo unit sold should come with full warranty in any event.

Another point in your favor is that Rotel will be rolling out the RSP-1068 any minute now... it is the direct replacement for the 1066... so that might give you an extra bargaining chip.

Note, however, that there are some Rotel dealers who never discount... the gear does keep a rather high resale value... shop around if you can.

5. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

If this is the same poster from AVS and if my memory's correct, that discount is on top of 20% off. In other words, $1700 for the pair, a very nice deal imo.

6. DaveBarn

DaveBarn Extra

DanaA, Yes you are correct. Actually he is giving me 20% off plus $150 off on each. Total price for both not including tax is $1700.

7. Gary Press

Gary Press Auditioning

That's no bargain! The 1066 has now been updated, but remains a wonderful piece of equipment - I have one.

If I understand you correctly, your main concern is the amplifier. If anything, that should be the lesser of your questions. Processors change more rapidly.

You deserve a much, much better deal! If you don't want to get the latest Rotel processor, then definitely go for the 1066, you won't be disappointed.

Gary Press

8. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Sounds like a very good deal to me[​IMG]

9. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

Considering the 1066 is beings phased out for the 1068, I'd push for a larger discount. That being said, there's nothing wrong with buying demos if the equipment comes from a high-end shop (not Best Buy) where kids aren't normally running around bashing into things or blasting volume levels.

10. ChrisArmour

ChrisArmour Stunt Coordinator

Your lucky I dont know where you live, for that price I would buy them out from underneath you!!![​IMG] Even with a new pre/pro coming out soon, thats a good buy.

11. JoeHard

JoeHard Stunt Coordinator

I just bought a new 1066 for $1098 + tax and was thrilled.$1700 sounds like a great deal.

12. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Dang right it is. [​IMG] You're really going to enjoy your new gear.