New Rotel 1080-- now hum

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Main, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Mike Main

Mike Main Stunt Coordinator

So Friday nite I purchased a Rotel 1080 amp to complememnt my cdm 7nts.
    But with the amp on there is a hiss/hum. I unplugged everything and there still is a noise. The amp is in a dedicated 20amp outlet.
    Now disconnecting the Sat wire into the sat receiver created some noise, but without the wire in the sat receiver there still is a hiss. Also I have dimmable lights that create some interference noise as well.
    I tried a cheater plug but the noise was still there-also I dont want to use this cause.....Cheaters never Win [​IMG]
    I have to check that my satty outside is grounded properly but will this solve the problem.
    Hopefully have some pics as well.
    Thanks in advance and any advice is greatly appreciated
    Mike

2. Mike Main

Mike Main Stunt Coordinator

Bueller...Bueller..Bueller
    Anyone :b
    Mike

3. Levesque

Levesque Supporting Actor

I got the samer problem with my new Rotel RMB-1095. But for me, the cheater plug completely remove the hiss. I've tried deconnecting everything, even the pre-amp, but always hissing. Only the cheater plug is working for me.

It is really tough to know if it'S really dangerous or not to use this kind of plug. Some are saying "use the cheater plug, no prob, doing this for years", other are saying "don't do it, you will kill yourself"...

So, who's right??

Else, next step is to properly ground my sat dish, and waiting for an electrician to pass by...

4. David Barteaux

David Barteaux Stunt Coordinator

I have the Rotel 1095 Amp. I have the same problem. The hum/hiss gets better or worse depending where and what orientation I put it in my room..its like this thing is acting like an antenna.