What's new

New Rocky DVD Anthology? See POST #191 on UPDATE for those who did not receive bonus disc (1 Viewer)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Got this e-mail today:
Dear Customer,

We have been made aware of the fact that the ROCKY ANTHOLOGY Bonus Disc is not available from all retailers. We apologize for any inconvenience this discrepancy may have caused you. We will send a copy of the bonus disk to the address listed in your e-mail.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

MGM Home Entertainment
Customer Service Department

THANKS HFT! Would have never known who to contact.
:emoji_thumbsup:

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I got the same email about 2 weeks ago... I'm still waiting but hopefully it will arrive in the next week.

We'll see...

:)

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I ordered this set last week and it showed up today. All of the catalog numbers match the jackets and the discs except for Rocky IV. This disc has a totally different menu from the other ones, an MGM logo from 1999 (celebrating the 75th Anniversary of MGM) and a different catalog number on the disc! The catalog number on the Rocky IV case is "1007436" while the catalog number on the disc itself is, "906732" Was the old disc accidentally included in my set or were they all like this?

For reference, Rocky's catalog number was "1007432". It's on the case and on the DVD itself. Rocky II, III and V all match as well. The insert with this set says Rocky V is not a new hi-def transfer. Could they have meant Rocky IV since even Rocky V has a matching menu with the rest of the set?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

MattHR

Screenwriter

Tom, I just checked my set for you. All the catalog numbers on the actual discs match the covers. "906732" was the catalog number for the old version of ROCKY IV. I would guess that somehow your set was mispackaged. (Was MGM trying to sneak some old, remaining inventory into the new sets...hoping you wouldn't even notice?) It would seem impossible for this to "accidentally" happen, being a newly produced set. Like you said, even ROCKY V has a newly designed menu to match the rest, though the transfer remained the same.

Was the set you received used or brand-new? Was it possibly tampered with, then re-shrinkwrapped?

It seems this set has been plagued with problems from the start, with its lack of announced features and some sets missing the advertised bonus disc.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Thanks for the quick reply, Matt! I bought this set brand new from the same dealer I've been buying DVDs from for the last 4 years. It was shrink wrapped and had the sticker on it boasting of the new transfer and upgraded audio. However, I didn't get the bonus disc. I will certainly be calling MGM about this on Monday. Once again, thank you for confirming my suspicions!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks